Skip to content

Opportunity to fix importing from BG1 to BG2

2»

Comments

• ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377

Oh, I like that. A Half-Elf is fine too...

It also means that as a Fighter/Mage/Thief Imoen can be a crack-shot with a longbow or cast spells & use thieving abilities while wearing elven chain mail.
    Well, I think she is already a good archer (with shortbow though) and spell-slinger in elven chain
    as a thief/mage. (I was surprised by her strength when I had her dual at lvl 7, and she would be even better
    at archery & thieving if multi ^_^)

Buuuut I still think she should have been a bard character and stats-wise. u_u
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Throwing a Fighter in there would be a bit of an overkill. It doesn't really fit Imoen as a character, it would make her Thief levels progress too slowly in a full party, and could even be considered OP(she already has excellent stats as far as NPCs go... a class like that could easily make her more powerful than the CHARNAME).
  • DinoDinDinoDin Member Posts: 1,570
    ajwz said:

ween games 1 and 2 is handled is very poor as it currently stands.
    All items your character has collected from the first game disappear, even the ones on charname.

Why do people insist on having more ways to make the game easier?

As was pointed out not only would Irenicus' dungeon become a total breeze, but also any of the first quests you undertake, say Nalia's keep, are going to be substantially easier as well. Don't people like being challenged by a game, at least a little?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    DinoDin said:

Why do people insist on having more ways to make the game easier?

As was pointed out not only would Irenicus' dungeon become a total breeze, but also any of the first quests you undertake, say Nalia's keep, are going to be substantially easier as well. Don't people like being challenged by a game, at least a little?

It's not even solely a gameplay issue - story-wise, the whole point is that you're starting over. No weapons, no money, no allies except for Jaheira and Minsc, no idea where you are or what you're doing. That doesn't work if you burst out of the Chateau loaded for bear.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    like op i'm afraid wit sod more discontinuity will be introduced instead of the opposite
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    bob_veng said:

like op i'm afraid wit sod more discontinuity will be introduced instead of the opposite

Have you listened to th Chis Avallone interview?