Skip to content

The integration method of SoD

Word up,

Is there word out about how SoD will be integrated into BG1EE? Will it be implemented in the style of BG1EE and TotSC where it expands on the existing game with new locations, quests, npcs etc or will it be in the way of BG2EE and ToB where it's an independent campaign that you start when you finish the main game?

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2015
    I hope it's like BG1:EE but i doubt it, as it would require people to complete the game again or reach Baldur's Gate to try it out, unless they got a special feature that would let you start SoD from the start menu.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Well since they said that you can not visit the areas of BG and that you can start with a new character, I'm
    pretty sure it will be ToB style ^^
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The devs have already confirmed it will be ToB style. That being said they also added that it: "Combines open-world exploration of BG1, iconic locations from BG2, art and combat from IWD."

Also this question is already being discussed here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42426/will-sod-be-a-expansion-like-totsc-or-a-separate-area-like-throne-of-bhaal