Skip to content

How hard is it to solo?

2»

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    xLegionx said:

I would highly suggest beating the game with a leveled character first and then solo it. You can't make it through the beginning as a low level I mean especially as a fighter. All those bad boy spells and those nasty archers...and add enchanted gear to your enemies and your really setting yourself up for a trip to the nine hells.

It's fairly easy to hit level 2 or 3 just from non-combat quests in Beregost. After you do that, buy a potion of Mirrored Eyes and head to the Basilisk area. Go get Koraxx the Ghoul and proceed to clear out the zone, making sure to avoid the party of adventurers in the zone because they will murder you. Basilisks are only dangerous in their gaze. They have really crappy thac0 and with Koraxx by your side, you should have no problem clearing the area for massive, massive levels.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I soloed an inquisitor once and didn't finish because it got so boring. He had a -10 AC, an inventory bag full of potions, inquisitor dispel and true sight to squish the mages, and was basically invulnerable to everything. It felt like playing Superman.

He probably would have had some trouble with Sarevok, but I was too bored to make it that far. The final battle would have been his only challenge in the whole run. Plus, it was very, very lonely, and I missed the tactical team management aspects of running party combat.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197

xLegionx said:

I would highly suggest beating the game with a leveled character first and then solo it. You can't make it through the beginning as a low level I mean especially as a fighter. All those bad boy spells and those nasty archers...and add enchanted gear to your enemies and your really setting yourself up for a trip to the nine hells.

Hmm thats not a bad idea! I'll have to do that with my mage so long as he has a useful bodyguard at his side.

It's fairly easy to hit level 2 or 3 just from non-combat quests in Beregost. After you do that, buy a potion of Mirrored Eyes and head to the Basilisk area. Go get Koraxx the Ghoul and proceed to clear out the zone, making sure to avoid the party of adventurers in the zone because they will murder you. Basilisks are only dangerous in their gaze. They have really crappy thac0 and with Koraxx by your side, you should have no problem clearing the area for massive, massive levels.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    My personal favorites are FMT and FMC. On my FMT I played a chaotic good wanderer. Not unlike Elminster. And backstabbing with quarterstaves in the early game was hilariously fun.

That said, I think my FMT was 18, 19, 17, 18, 10, 18 and my FMC I think I did the 18 to everything cheat, which obviously both of those help a lot with their respective classes. Still though really fun. I've also considered a family only party which would allow me imoen+romantic interest in 1 (which basically means none in BG1 since I only play females), also means none in 2 because at this point I want to throw anomen at firkragg without any armor, and then sarevok in ToB. If you're going to take along imoen though, a dual wielding FMC is prolly your better option.