3) Console in C:CreateItem("potn45")
4) Console in C:SetCurrentXP("161000")
5) Level up
6) Drink the Potion of Freedom and Potion of Mirror Eyes
7) Save the game
8) C:CreateCreature("Tanar")
9) Attack Aec'Letec until he is hit

Observed

You can hit Aec'Letec with a normal weapon.

Expected

You should not be able to hit Aec'Letec with a normal weapon.

Notes:

In the Tanar.cre file item 1 has a duration of 1 when it should be set to 0. The result of it being set to 1 is that Aec'Letec is susceptible to poison, normal weapons, confusion, charm, polymorph and feeblemind when he should be immune to these.

(Original Post)

Okay, this is essentially a re-post of a bug I've been experiencing ever since Patch 1.2, but somehow kept slipping through the cracks. It still persists. I guess for extra visibility I should tag... hmm... @elminster maybe?

Aec'letec ("TANAR.CRE") is supposed to have "S1-10.ITM" and "RINGDEMN.ITM" equipped according to NearInfinity.

"S1-10.ITM" is his undroppable weapon and is attached to Weapon 1 Slot. The icon is that of a wolf paw.
"RINGDEMN.ITM" is a custom-made undroppable ring attached to Left Ring Slot. It gives him various immunities.

It all looks fine in NearInfinity, but when he is spawned in game, he lacks both of these items. You can check by Ctrl+Q him into your party after you C:CreateCreature("tanar"). The most obvious consequence of this bug is that he melee attacks with his "fists" (since he lacks his intended "S1-10.ITM" weapon). Attacks with fists can do damage, but cannot kill you; they knock you unconscious when they reduce you to 1 HP. The lack of his "RINGDEMN.ITM" ring makes him susceptible to effects that shouldn't affect him.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Interesting. Yes it seems to be an issue.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2015
    Looks like the duration for these items is set to 1. That is the most likely cause of this issue (testing them with a duration of 0 seems to have fixed the problem).

Edited original post.

I've raised this as 2 different tickets. Issue 16098 is for him not having the correct immunities. #16099 is regarding his weapon (and I've added another thread here for it).
    Post edited by elminster on