Skip to content

Coran and the wyvern's head

Got Coran, got the quest, went into the wyvern cavern, killed the baby wyverns, Coran stops combat and tells me to take a head to the temple... no heads. Is this a bug or do I have to go somewhere else for a wyvern head?

Comments

• TomarctusTomarctus Member Posts: 49
    You should find some bigger ones that actually seem to carry a head later, these are the smaller ones. I think his comments shouldn't trigger on the smaller ones, but they did that in my game too.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    You can only loot wyvern heads from the adult ones.

Are you sure you didn't just enter the small cave with Peter of the North and the two baby wyverns?

The wyvern cave you mentioned is actually on the fourth Cloakwood area.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I encountered this bug as well. For some reason Coran is saying to take the heads of the wyverns of, yes, baby wyverns. The adult wyverns are in the fourth Cloakwood area, in a much larger cave. Go there and collect their heads and you're good.

But for whatever reason, there is a bug that is making him say the dialogue when you kill the baby wyverns, which we all tend to encounter in the Peter of the North cave in the third Cloakwood area.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2015
    This one is a known issue (#9397) and it will be fixed in the next bgee patch (it actually existed in the original BG1). Basically way back in the day Bioware gave baby wyverns the same script name as their larger brethren, meaning that the game sees that you've killed this creature (with the correct script name) and so it triggers Coran's dialogue.

You'll still need to actually go and find a wyvern head.
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    edited August 2015
    Or install BG1NPC. It fixes this. (Code by Ascension64, and cross-duplicated in BGT).