Skip to content

HELP: Everyone in the Hidden Refuge is invisible

I've advanced fairly long enough in the game at this point, with my team facing Bodhi for Chapter 6 at this point. This is really the first time I've gotten to this point after numerous attempts to play the game before.

My team is composed of Main (Cavalier), Anomen, Cernd, Jan, Imoen (was supposed to be Rasaad), and Neera

The Problem is this. I dropped Neera to get Valygar temporarily. I told Neera to go back to the refuge. After completing the Planar Sphere Quest, I purchased the neutral archmage robe from the Red Wizard Enclave without Neera (I was already finished with the side quest) and returned for her in the refuge.

Unfortunately, everytime I go back I get this message at the camp.

"There are definite signs of life here. Objects around the camp look to have been recently used, and the ash on the ground has been recently disturbed. There's even the smell of cooking in the air."

Everyone in the hidden refuge is invisible but I can see Neera because the armor I left her with is shining and shimmering. I was going to load an earlier save before Valygar's quest but I accidentally saved over it instead.
Is this intended or is it a bug? Can I still get Neera back?

I'm just a bit annoyed because every other regular in my party is now relatively advanced in levels. My main is now level 15 as with everyone else. If I get back Rasaad, he is only level 11 while Valygar and other new ones are only level 12. I want to avoid the levelling gap since I don't think there's any benefit here at all.

Thank you for the help.

Comments

• victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    This might seem silly, but have you tried talking to/with Neera. I seem to recall everyone in the camp being invisible until you've let Neera rejoin, then suddenly everyone is visible again.
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    That's my experience as well. As soon as Neera rejoins the party, they become visible. Without her, there's no one there.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Have you tried just casting true sight etc?
  • ipisipis68ipisipis68 Member Posts: 3
    That's the problem since I can't see Neera as well. I'm done with the Wild Mage quests and I want her to rejoin my party but I can't see her. I can interact with the cats and all but I cannot interact with anyone else in camp.

Yup I cast true sight, oracle, and all the other dispel invisbility spells to no avail. I even rested there without anything happening. I shouldn't have asked her to go back to the refuge.
  • ipisipis68ipisipis68 Member Posts: 3
    Hi! I think that this a bug albeit not a game-breaking one. Should I post this in the bug forum or would this post suffice?

Thanks for the replies. I've decided just to continue with Rasaad so that my game doesn't stall too long. The level difference isn't that noticeable fortunately since he is a fighter type.
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    Maybe post a savegame hoping that someone will take a look at it ?
  • You didn't happen to have her using Staff of the Magi when you dismissed her, did you? I've done that with Nalia and Imoen way too many times to count.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Krieger said:

That's my experience as well. As soon as Neera rejoins the party, they become visible. Without her, there's no one there.

Hmm, thats rather silly :)
  • BehemotBehemot Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2015
    I have the very same problem, latest Steam version.

Actually there are both, I cannot seem to find Mironda to give her the beer either. How can I spawn her and activate the quest?