Skip to content

In Chapter 6 and can't get "poisoned man (renfeld)" random encounter to happen. (spoilers, I guess)

So, I made a beeline to get Imoen ASAP and skipped almost all of the quests. Now in chapter 6 im doing the quests, however I just can't get the "poisoned man" random encounter to happen. I've been switching districts for 2 hours and the same random encounter pops up over and over again (mage and 4 buddies) and nothing else.

I kicked all my party members off the team (imoen, keldorn, amoen, minsc, jaheira) and nothing. I'm beginning to think the random encounter only happens before I left for spellhold. (chapter 3) Can anyone confirm? Am I SOL? Thanks.

I'm Playing it on Steam v1.3.2064

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I am not too sure about this encounter but you could try EEkeeping the body in your inventory and then spawning Renfeld with CLUAconsole
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2015
    If i remember right, it has something do with Jaheiras quest line. So if you did something in the wrong order there, it could disable the encounter.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @ruff Are you trying to travel to any areas outside of the city? I've never triggered that quest in the city.
  • ruffruff Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the input guys.

arunsun: I rather not use mods.

SionIV: This is probably right. I have an old save I made before paying the shadow thieves 15k and the poisoned man encounter happens just fine. I suspected this was the case and booted jaheira to try to reset whatever needed resetting. Didn't work though. I'm already way too far into the game to restart from chapter 3.

ronaldo: I tried all areas, and nothing.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    ruff said:

Thanks for the input guys.

arunsun: I rather not use mods.

SionIV: This is probably right. I have an old save I made before paying the shadow thieves 15k and the poisoned man encounter happens just fine. I suspected this was the case and booted jaheira to try to reset whatever needed resetting. Didn't work though. I'm already way too far into the game to restart from chapter 3.

ronaldo: I tried all areas, and nothing.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

console is not a mod, it s implemented in the game and serves as a debug purpose
  • ruffruff Member Posts: 4
    ^^^

Thanks. I decided not to use it anyway, worried that using it might bork some other part of the game. I'm screwed up, making a beeline to get imoen probably messed up jaheira's romance plot. Beating a certain enemy who is supposed to do something to the person your romancing never triggered in my case. Ah, well. Maybe I'll play BG2 again in 7+ years if so I'll have to keep this in mind.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    I'm pretty sure that quest should fire off no matter what. It's independent of Jaheira's quest line; it opens up the Xzar line instead.