Skip to content

Ellyrian, The Cleric\Ranger NPC

2»

Comments

• ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78
    Huh, weird, I thought I attached the voiced version of the Ellyrian NPC mod to the previous post. Second time's the charm, I guess?
    CaloNordlolien
  • ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2015
    @CaloNord I'm afraid that I'm getting a game crash on resting the first time after picking up Ellyrian. I'm pretty certain it's due to the mod, as if I kick her out of the party before resting, the crash doesn't occur. The crash occurs while anyone's half-wounded or so (tested with alternately Ellyrian and Jaheira being wounded). If I heal her up before resting, it doesn't occur.

I'm guessing there's some sort of dialogue attempting to occur that's not happening, but I'm unable to ascertain between who. CHARNAME is a Druid (although a modded kit, Hivemaster), and the other members of the party are Jaheira, Faldorn and Kivan, if that's of any help.
    Post edited by ggallegher on
    CaloNordlolien
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    @ggallegher Thats an interesting one! I shall investigate as soon as I can! :) Many thanks! :D
    lolien
    While I try figure that one out.

I've written a TON of new banter for her, including some I couldn't resist having fun with, that being Minsc Dynaheir Edwin and Ellyrian all in a party together. Going to do some more of that in the future. :D

Some more of her back story has been fleshed out, when I learn how to write a quest that might become a thing. She has some pretty heavy history I'd love to explore. A soundset is also in the works to go with that stunning portrait. :D I'll have to update the upload soon. :open_mouth:

ElrandirJuliusBorisovDavidelolien
  • ArnaeusArnaeus Member Posts: 90
    Looking forward to the update!
    CaloNord
    I do apologize to like the 5 people who play this, I'm still working on it very slowly. Having a new daughter has eaten into the mod time considerably. Not to mention the workload for my course and work as well. I will finish this one day very soon, as well as put her in SoD when it's released. :)
    kaguanaDavide
  • FeilhävenFeilhäven Member Posts: 13
    I really look forward to adding this character to my game, thanks for your great work so far, CaloNord. I hope you get time to work on it at some point. :smile:
    CaloNord
    edited August 2015
    @Feilhäven Aww thanks! :):)
  • JatrrrJatrrr Member Posts: 31
    It is one of my dream to make my own playable NPC, great work guys.
    I do apologize for asking off topic, but is there a chance to learn how to make own NPC mod? Does exist any guide for a complete computer noob like I am?
    @Jatrrr No problems at all! :D It's really not to difficult at all. :)

Have a poke through here! https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/22536/npc-modding-tutorial

I'll link some more useful stuff as I remember where it is! :) You'll also benefit greatly from downloading a complete NPC and having a poke through and see how it works. :)

You'll need Notepad ++ to open most of this stuff properly, that's what I use anyway. :)https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    JuliusBorisov