Skip to content

Dorn's quest time limit?

I got to the point in Dorn's quest where I have to hunt down Simmeon. The thing is I'm not even finished with the Bandit Camp, and I'm not sure that I'm going to be powerful enough to get through Cloakwood. I went to the bridge area and triggered Dorn's conversation about Simmeon being near. Is that enough or is there still a time limit? (My logic is that since it's enough to simply talk to Berrun Ghastkill to make sure Khalid and Jaheira / Montaron and Xzar stay in the party, just arriving in that area and having that dialogue should be enough for Dorn.) I'd hate to have to ditch Dorn just because of Simmeon's idiotic placement on the map.

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Without, hopefully, giving too much away, you have to be able to enter the city before that part of the quest can trigger.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Nas92Nas92 Member Posts: 7
    So am I safe? Can I take as much time as I want doing quests without Dorn bitching and moaning and eventually leaving my party?
    It was OK for me, I did the same as you - rushed to the bridge area only find no one there, wondered what I'd done wrong, shrugged my shoulders and carried on. Then, when we'd cleared Cloakwood and the mines and finally entered the city........
    JuliusBorisov
    @Nas92 BTW this is precisely why I keep multiple saves during a game. In this instance I saved the game in the bridge area, named it something like "Dorn WTF", reloaded an earlier save and carried on without going to the bridge. Basically my saves are like a trail of crumbs that I can follow back if I make a game breaking mistake. To avoid clogging up my saved games I simply make one save at the end of each chapter and delete all previous saves.
    JuliusBorisov
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    AFAIK none of the new NPC's quests are timed. As dunbar mentioned, you won't even be able to face Simmeon until you can enter Baldur's Gate.
    JuliusBorisov