Skip to content

Sprites disappeared after talk with Gaelan Bayle

raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
Hello,

I have a BG2EE v1.3 installation on Linux with about 20 mods.

There is a strangest error with disappearing sprites. It happens after transitioning to chapter 3 when you have a talk with Gaelan Bayle.
I even installed Alternatives to see if the same thing happens. And yes, after talk with Aster, the result is the same - no sprites/avatars.
I can hear their speeches. When I press TAB, their names show up. But that is it.
You check it on attached screenshot.

Honestly, I do not know what to do about it.
But I guess the real question is - is it a bug in the game or in one of the mods?

I did not post this in bugs section, because of the installed mods.

Anyone have any ideas?

Post edited by raizo on

Comments

• ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70
    edited August 2015
    I joined the forum to ask about this same problem. It happened to me in exactly the same circumstances. I'm using this with my PC, Windows 7, and I have a few things installed from the latest version of the BG 2 Tweak Pack, and some NPC's, though I made sure all of the above were compatible with the EE version of BG 2 before installing.
  • ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70
    I appear to have found the source of the problem, at least my version of it. I uninstalled the tweak that allowed for shorter cut-scenes and dream sequences. I figured since the bug came up after a cut-scene, then that was the best place to start looking. If you have such a tweak installed, try uninstalling it and seeing if that helps.
  • raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
    And it worked in my case also !!!
    Thanks a lot.