Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

modifying items to scale with levels/shapeshifter

ancistrusancistrus Member Posts: 2
Using Near Infinity, I have been trying to make the shapeshifter paw from BG_tweaks give different abilities based on the level of user, since the present state is that the shapeshifter basically gets a massive boost at level 13 and then stays the same for the rest of the game. The best I have come up with is having multiple effects that give, let's say fire resistance, one of them only applies from level 13, the next only from level 20 and so on.
So far it seems to be working well. But naturally, I am curious, is there any better way to accomplish this?
I guess my other question is... has no one done this before? It seems like such an obvious thing to do.

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,466
    edited August 2015
    I think the better way to do this is have different "paws" with different abilities, and add effects to the kit's CLAB file that removes the old "paw" and adds a newer better one at certain levels.

But OTOH I also hate that "symbolic paws" junk. It was created as a long workaround to overcome the "dispellable claws" bug... but that bug has long since been fixed! So the component is not needed anymore.

As an alternative, you might try my druid shapeshifting revisions here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/33657/scales-of-balance-post-hac-kits-and-tweaks/p1

Shapeshifter/Lycanthropic druids get four shapeshift forms, including a powerful HLA greater wolfwere form, instead of just two. Also, the trueclass and Avenger druids get revised and improved shapeshifting too.