Skip to content

Time Stop BG II EE ruling help :)

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this

So im playing baldurs gate II EE ToB and im playing a character iv got all most 500 hours in on now and its a fighter/mage human

Went this way for timestop and wreck face with anything in my time stop.. having a lotta fun works great

Wanted to bring this combo to my table top game and was told no i cant harm anything within time stop

So my question is this .. Is the games rule set wrong and i should not be able to kill people trapped in my time stop
or is it right and i should be able to kill the good ol folks in my time stop on table top

Also in 3.5 it states i cant harm anyone in it however thats 3.5 not 2ed
I understand say like tossing 10 spears at a mage then time stop ends and all the spears stick em but i mean to put holes in em before it ends when it ends he takes the damage

Just would like some others impute on this :) thanks guys/gals!

Comments

• RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    edited August 2015
    You can't take an offensive action during Timestop per 3.5 rules.
    The description from 2e doesn't mention anything like that however, so I believe the BG implementantion is correct, and it even states uniques should be immune to it so it makes sense for some enemies in ToB to have immunity.

So basically you have to play with 2e rules if you want to take offensive actions during Timestop.
  • PwnSeekerPwnSeeker Member Posts: 6
    Yeah we are and thats what it says in the handbook he was just saying that it works like 3.5 they just didnt put it in the book and had a rule rule clarification on it but iv not seen anything about it and granted its 2ed so its hard to dig things up like that

But thanks for reinforcing the way i thought it worked too lol