Skip to content

Best 2nd weapon proficiencies for F->C?

sorcerinsorcerin Member Posts: 58
Hello,

Question: What's the best secondary weapon proficiency for my dual-class fighter clerics?

Background: I'm playing through an Insane difficulty HoF game (started at level 1). My party is as follows:

1. Human Cavalier (TWF/longswords)
2. Human Fighter (7) -> Cleric (13) (TWF/flails [GM])
3. Human Fighter (7) -> Cleric (13) (TWF/hammers [GM])
4. Half-Elf Skald
5. Half-Elf Sorcerer
6. Half-Orc Fighter/Thief (TWF/longswords/longbows/axes)

The first fighter cleric has one pip in maces, hammers, and slings. The second fighter cleric has one pip in flails, maces, and slings. (I maxed out pips in primary weapon during fighter phase, then distributed pips to other weapons in cleric phase before completing the dual-class process, in order to not waste any pips.)

My analysis: I think mace might be the best, because I'm guaranteed to get at least on +4 mace. The other two (flails and hammers) are too RNG-heavy on drops to risk building up points as secondary proficiencies.

Am I wrong on this?

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    You definitely want to flip a coin and choose either mace or flail/morningstar. There are some really good morningstars you can find later in the game.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    There's 2 Fast Flails and one of them is random, I'd make sure that you get both and have Flail as the second weapon (though it'll be an offhand weapon so 5 pips isn't crucial).