Skip to content

Chapter 4 to 5

Has anyone ever run into a bug in the Cloakwood Mine that prevents Chapter 5 from starting? I defeated the boss, but he did not drop the key to flood the mine. I used EEKeeper to give myself the key and flooded the mine. My journal says to enter Baldur's Gate, but it still reads "Chapter 4" with no entries for Chapter 5. Is there anyway to work around this bug. I just shutter to think of starting my whole game over because of this.

Comments

• TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Davaeorn's death begins Chapter 5, not flooding the mines. You don't have to flood them actually. So, something weird occurred when you fought with Davaeorn. If you don't have a save before the fight, you can probably use the command line to start the next chapter.
  • gmazcagmazca Member Posts: 60
    Thank you so much! Modifying the .ini file and using the command to progress to Chapter 5 worked. I was so worried I would have to start the game over lol.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    If I'm not mistaken, in order to trigger Chapter 5, you must loot the letters dropped by Davaeorn.

I know because just the other day that happened to me. I forgot to take the letters, flooded the mine and ended up locked out of Baldur's Gate.
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    I had the same glitch. No key dropped and I couldn't continue.
    I recommend always saving before a boss to make sure you can load in case something like this happens. Usually on the second try it works.