Skip to content

Cobbler's Wanted in Lonelywood problem

spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
Ok so I've never role played an evil party fully in Icewind Dale. I usually find the games arn't that well balanced towards evil and most evil responses result in a minor amount of gold at the expense of often better rewards and experience or just shrugging off most NPC requests resulting in no quest.

So...I'm at Lonelywood and my party is of mixed alignment, journeying together for mutial benefit. They are in the whistling gallows and my high charisma, CE, sorcerer is smoozing the patrons when he stumbles across Ambere after verbally jousting with her daughter and a little talk with her husband Tybald.

So the option comes up to sleep with her and I know there is exp for resolving the family drama but I think what the hell, let my smooth talking sorcerer have his way. Then he proceeds to smush it in Tybalds face for kicks, good stuff, some fun evil interactions here.

However now After speaking to Quinn he says I can mention to Tybald about 'Cobbler's Wanted' but Tybald refuses to speak to me. Is this quest now going to be stuck as unfinished forever? Can I friend spell him to resolve it?

This is kinda the reason why actually resolving dialogue as evil puts me off. Sometimes it seems more like an afterthought and not well implimented as a way to play through other than to punish yourself :(

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Tybald's a cooper. Maybe he just doesn't understand why you're asking him to repair shoes.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    joluv said:

Tybald's a cooper. Maybe he just doesn't understand why you're asking him to repair shoes.

Um I'm role playing, my guy doesn't really pay attention during dialogue...

*rolls a saves vs bullcrap*