Skip to content

Strange bug about movement rate, help please

Hello!
I encountered a very strange bug. I had to reinstall the PC, so I reinstalled the game too. I use version 1.3. After I reinstalled the game, 2 of my characters had Boots of Speed (Charname and Valygar). The problem is, they just use the normal speed, when they equipped with these boots so they should travel with double movement rate. I even tried to cluaconsole two brand new Boots of Speed - no change. If Neera, Imoen, or Minsc equips these boots, somehow the boots work as usual. When Anomen equips it, he fails miserably again. It is a total mistery for me, that 50 % of my party seems to immune to the Boots of Speed...

Has anybody a solution to this? What happened in the first place? Maybe some mods cause this? I use some mods, but none of them change anything drastically (BG2Tweaks, Recoloredbuttons, Atweakss and some minor ones and I didnt even installed any mods after I reinstalled the game and still I dont understand how comes that half of my party is able to use the boots and the rest isnt...) I havent find any cluaconsole command about movement rate.

Can you help me please?

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Make sure Charname, Valygar and Anomen do not have items that offer Freedom of Movement, such as a Ring of Free Action.
  • NheilNheil Member Posts: 9
    Only Valygar had the ring, but he put it off.
    Great, so you're good to go!

Travel safe brave warrior, and may you find adventure, fortune and fame in your travels!
    Sadly the problem is still persisting :-(
    edited September 2015
    Well, you have some options left, so don't fret!

Is your protagonist a Monk? Their ability at 5th level will negate Boots of Speed.

Are they truly Boots of Speed, or Boots of Cheetah, which only give APR, not movement bonus.

Lastly, unequip every item on characters you are experiencing this issue with, then just put the Boots of Speed on them. There are other items in-game that add Freedom of Movement, such as an upgraded Flail of Ages +4, or Spider's Bane Two-Handed Sword, not just Rings of Free Action.

ANY item that offers "the wearer immunity to everything, magical and otherwise, that affects mobility in any way", will negate Boots of Speed.

Make sure you do the latter behind closed doors at a local inn, to avoid any screams or gasps from the locals.

Without any details, that's all the guessing I've got for you regarding the Enhanced Edition versions.

Good luck!
    I dont have such items yet, it is right after Spellhold, in the pub in Brynnlaw.

The main problem is, that I dont even have an idea, that how comes that some of my characters are compatible with the Boots of Speed and the rest isnt. Anomen for example never ever used that Boots, yet currently he also unable to move with double speed. Charname and Valygar had it on them before the reinstall.
    Dunno.

You can always attach your saved game, and someone can look it over.

If they don't work when removing all other equipment and just wearing the Boots of Speed, perhaps some mod has messed things up. *shrugs*