Skip to content

Need help with install order of mods

Trent_SteelTrent_Steel Member Posts: 3
edited August 2015 in BGII:EE Mods
It's been a while since I played Baldur's Gate 2 but I seem to remember that if you install mods in the wrong order it could cause some problems down the road... I'd like to use the following mods:

Unfinished Business (where is the windows installer? only see osx)
Almateria's Restoration Project
BG2 Tweaks (from G3)
Sword Coast Stratagems
Ascension

So what is the best/correct order to install these mods for BG2:EE?

Comments

• InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    see the sticky threads order!

but I'll help you installing your order of mods anyway

Your correct order of the order of mods:
    1) Big Picture
    core component (required for most subcomponents): v181-b4611
    Ascension for BP: v181-b4611
    Improved Abazigal: v181-b4611
    Improved Demogorgon: v181-b4611
    Improved Gromnir: v181-b4611
    Improved Illasera: v181-b4611
    Improved Sendai: v181-b4611
    Improved Yaga-Shura: v181-b4611
    2) Unfinished Business
    3) Almateria Restorations
    4) BG2 Tweaks
    5) SCS
    6) fixes from this (sticky) post https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41418/ascension-in-bg2ee-guide-and-fixes/p1

have fun! Let the order be with you!
    JuliusBorisovbrunardo
  • Trent_SteelTrent_Steel Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2015
    Thanks InKal. I ended up using almost that exact order except I did 4) SCS and 5) BG2 Tweaks.

So far I haven't noticed any huge problems with the game except very rarely I encounter some enemies that just stand still doing nothing even when I attacked... Also a few quests do not seem to update in the journal like they are supposed to but that might just be a bug with the enhanced edition itself.

Also the first time I transformed into the slayer (on the Bodhi encounter in the maze) only 1 of my party members would react to it so I had to save and reload 5 times with only 1 member in the party to hear all of their reactions..
    Post edited by Trent_Steel on
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Good thread as interested in doing a playthrough like this soon all the way from beginning BG to end of TOB
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Trent_SteelTrent_Steel Member Posts: 3

Best practice is that BG2Tweaks gets installed before SCS.

Thanks subtledoctor I'll remember that for my next playthrough :)

Since I didn't get a reply to this thread for 11 days I had to just go with the install order I believed to be correct and I went with the description from the BG2 tweaks description at G3 where it says:

Every component in this mod makes interactive changes and should, in general, be compatible with other mods. Except where noted, the tweaks adjust items or dialogues added by other mods. As such, it is highly recommended that you install this mod (BG2 Tweaks) last if you wish to take full advantage of it.

• sparrow13xsparrow13x Member Posts: 120
    Yeah I generally install BG2 tweaks first because it's got a ton of components that may conflict with others if installed out of order. Then any kit revision or NPC mods, then random mods like banter packs. Finally finish up with SCS and aTweaks.

I've found the most issues with installing something like Rogue Rebalancing after SCS. I couldn't even open the game after that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Chad