Skip to content

Question about dual/multi class

Hi all, I want a fighter Druid for my party in HOW. I'm struggling to get a good roll for my half elf multi class fighter / Druid. The higest I've managed is 93 . I want to max out strength, con, Dex and wisdom. As I'm not using this character as my leader (I've got a paladin)--- the lowest is 15 for charisma.....but I also want him to be able to use wands by having Intel of at least 8....so looking at a roll of 95 at least... But I won't/can't get that... Would it be better for me to perhaps go a human and dual class? What would be the benifets and when should I dual if I decide to do that? Or should I stick with multi class??

Comments

• LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
    If you want human to dual class you're still going to need the same minimum stats in charisma and wisdom. So that won't be any benefit. In this game there is so much XP to be had - especially when you get to Lonelywood (quadrupily so in Heart of Fury). Multiclass is the way to go.
    In my opinion don't bother to max out wisdom - 15 or even 14 is good enough. You will be missing a few low level spells. But once you reach higher levels you won't notice. You will have a very full spell book.
    The other question is - do you have a second healer? You'll need one.
  • marty29marty29 Member Posts: 30
    Thanks maybe I should, I'm just a completist and perfectionist and want to have the best most powerful party!! Just hate not having all the spells and punch to boot! Lol! Thanks maybe I should just get into it!! Cheers! Besides I'm sure there are some items in the game that will boost my strength etc,,:-)
    joluv
  • marty29marty29 Member Posts: 30
    Ligg said:

The other question is - do you have a second healer? You'll need one.

Yeh I think I'll have a cleric of some kind for healing...thinking

paladin
    Fighter/Druid
    Fighter/cleric
    Mage/sorcerer
    Thief
    Bard

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Once your bard hits 11th level you won't need healing spells again, except for maybe one Raise Dead spell or scroll in case of severe accidents.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    marty29 said:

but I also want him to be able to use wands by having Intel of at least 8....

There's not much in the way of Wands that a Fighter/Druid can use anyway, so it's pointless to consider that. About the only ones that will be available to him would be a Wand of Heaven and some Wands of Magic Missile, neither of which are all that great. All the good wands can only be used by a wizard type character. As for trying for a dual class, that is going to be even harder to roll than a multi. The character creator always give the minimum for the stats needed by a particular class, and since Wisdom and Charisma are not really needed for a Fighter, it may be hard to get those values up high enough.

marty29