Skip to content

Doing Something Wrong, importing FS from BG TO BG2

I have the save showing when I launch BG2 "load game", but it won't play.

All I did was move the file from documents - save from BGEE to documents-save BG2 EE. And it says it's there. But I know it isn't (so hard to explain when I don't understand/know any of the correct terms), it's kind of sitting there with a title but what's inside is still inside the folder. Does that make sense?

If anyone could try and explain what to do in simple terms I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Great!

So it's in the right place (drive) Documents and Settings/(account)/My Documents/BG2EE/saves etc ...

To load the saved game from BGEE, New Game - Pre-Generated Character - Import - Saved Game.

Select your copied BGEE saved game and begin your adventure for fortune and fame!

Aaawwwwwwww y yeeeeeeaaaahhhh!
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Sylvus_Moonbow

Thank you so much, it worked.

Never figured the "import" bit, durrr brain hurts.
    And I have been playing this since 98 on and off, oooops. (Mind, that was with discs and quite frankly a comp that was practically run on steam) and no internet to ask questions.

Now just have to figure whether to continue solo (a first for me on this playthrough), it's fun but it does kind of wreck the game. The idea of dragging NPC around suddenly feels tired rather than just running around taking pot shots.

Once again, thanks so much.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Yeah, I read you. The NPCs are very badly written, but thankfully Beamdog created four new NPCs with excellent writing and character development.

It's up to you what you do, since it's your adventure. Just enjoy it and travel safe, brave warrior!