Skip to content

Android Spears and Halberd Tweaks?

Forgive me for I am noob, but personally I love spears and related weapons and am saddened by their state on the Android phones. Is there a comparable tweak pack out there for them, or would anyone be interested in making one? I know I'm not alone in staring longingly at spears, dreaming of stabbing people from a distance like I was born to be....

Comments

• Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    12 views besides my own and no one has anything to say? A suggestion, a comment, a like, a "Not gonna happen" post...?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    There was a mod that added javlins. It is somewhere on these boards
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    There's many mods adding throwing spears (though itemupgrade's ones are awfully broken), but I think most people don't know about the Android compatibility. I think there's also Druid Armaments.
    Makes sense. I suppose my problem is that I'm not quite sure as to what that mysterious .tlk file affects besides kits and dialogue. I have no idea if that also affect weapons balancing as well, for example, as I'm not unrooted and can't see the file for myself. x.x
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I think it also affects weapons descriptions so it might be problematic if mods aren't specifically made for android.

I think it also affects weapons descriptions so it might be problematic if mods aren't specifically made for android.

Then I'd be totally screwed out of everything. Balls. Just... balls.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited September 2015

Then I'd be totally screwed out of everything. Balls. Just... balls.
    I've heard that there are ways to get mods to work on androids. Dialog. tlk is all about, heh, dialog, and talking, and descriptions. If you can read it, then it is stored in dialog. tlk. Any mod, including weapon mods, that add descriptions will not work. Or so I'm told...

But see here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/39935/android-game-data-editing-tutorial-hex-style-hacking