Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Druid goodberry spell

domeindomein Member Posts: 6
edited October 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Druid goodberry spell creates only 1 goodberry instead of 5 as per description.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    The spell says it creates a clump that cures 5 HP. That's what it does. The item is named "Good Berry," which I guess is an extremely minor text bug, but its icon is a picture of six berries. The spell is working as intended.
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    edited September 2015
    My bad. Please ignore this post; thought the thread was about BG, but I see now it refers to IWD. For what it's worth, it works as advertised in BG (one cluster of 5 berries).
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    FrdNwsm said:

Maybe the berries taste better?

Not better, just good.
  • domeindomein Member Posts: 6
    5 hp heal consumable vs 17hp direct heal for the same spell slot? Seem to be wrong.
    5*5=25 hp heal consumables would make it equal. So i still think this is a bug.
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    edited September 2015
    Ah, I deleted my first comment when I realized that it was about IWD (which I have never played) and not BG. I will, however, go back and reiterate my stance that this is not a terribly useful spell, except at very low levels where regular healing potions may be scarce or even unavailable. If that does happen to be the case, you may want to stockpile a bunch of these for emergencies.

You can cast the spell a few times, then sleep and memorize something entirely different for use on the road, since these berries, unlike real ones, never go bad. Still, I can't imagine it being used much at higher levels.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I edited the berry item itself so that each berry heals 3 hit points (better than 1 hit point but not even half as effective as a basic healing potion) but the spell creates 1 berry per level...or...at least it should. It appears that I did not apply that fix to my IWDEE (at least, not on the computer here). Anyway...1 berry per level and 3 hp per berry it a decent upgrade to this spell without being overpowering.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Its working as the original Icewind Dale did. So I'm marking this as not an issue.
This discussion has been closed.