Skip to content

Make spellbbook accessible

wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
If you have any spells learned in that book. I see no reason why it shouldn't be that way.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You may need to clarify what you mean; is the spellbook not accessible now for mages?
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    No, but with the opcode to cast spells from your arcane book, it would make sense to make them viewable when at least one exists.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I don't understand the request either. In what situation is a character who has learned an arcane spell unable to access the spellbook? Are you talking about dual-class characters with an inactive mage class?
    If I have a character who doesn't normally cast arcane magic learn an arcane spell, it shows up in the spell book, but the book is grayed out and you cannot get info on the spell.

Since you can cast spells from your spellbbook via an innate using opcode 214, it would be nice if your book had a spell in it, the screen was no longer grayed out.
    Characters who don't cast arcane spells don't learn arcane spells. I'm not sure what the actual use is here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Oh, okay. That was the clarification I needed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Do these abilities count as wizard spells or innates (especially in regards to the Cowled Wizards in Athkatla)?
    They'd probably count as wizard spells. But now that we know what the intended use case is, that makes it easier to assess the requested feature.
    I think I explained it enough by my third post. I don't know why, but I am slightly offended by that remark.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    wolpak said:

I don't know why

+1
    I didn't mean to minimize your explanation of what you wanted. I only meant that knowing *why* you want it in some ways is more important than what you want. If that makes sense.