Skip to content

Will it break the Game?

Hello I am planning to start over from Baldur's Gate 1 and going all the way to ToB.
The thing is, I was thinking of playing a Human (Just for RP Reasons) Multiclass Fighter/Mage by editing the class on EE Keeper at the beginning. Do you thing it is possible or will it break the game on the long run? I am planning of importing the same character on the new expansion and on BG2 and so on.

Comments

• the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    I usually pick my class and race in the game and then edit the save file to use the human sprites. That way the game is normal but the depiction on screen looks like a human. The only problem with this is every once In a great while a character in the game may refer to you by your race instead of your name but it's very rare and a pretty minor issue.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

Hello I am planning to start over from Baldur's Gate 1 and going all the way to ToB.
    The thing is, I was thinking of playing a Human (Just for RP Reasons) Multiclass Fighter/Mage by editing the class on EE Keeper at the beginning. Do you thing it is possible or will it break the game on the long run? I am planning of importing the same character on the new expansion and on BG2 and so on.

Absolutely no problem. I played a keepered Halfling Bard the whole way through without any issues.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the only time that I have ever experienced something weird with EE keeping classes, is with imoen back in the vanilla days, one time in bg2 I shadow keepered her mage class to be a conjurer ( because in bg1 that is what she was) and everything was good, until she grew up a level, she would revert back to a normal mage, and then one other time, I got rid of her bogus mage class and just made her a vanilla thief and for some weird reason everytime she would gain a thief level, the game would automatically dual class her into a mage, most crazy indeed
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    There is a component in BG2Tweaks which removes the racial restrictions on all classes - so humans can multiclass and demi-humans can dual class.
  • I have played with a party of a rakshasa, genie, kua-toa and a minotaur without any problems. I think you will do just fine.
  • outofdaboxoutofdabox Member Posts: 18
    Thank you for the responses they were really helpful, seems like I will be making my fighter/mage after all. :smiley:
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    If I'm not mistaken, the game will only have conniptions if you try to mix classes that have too many special abilities together, like Cleric and Bard, or Bard and Paladin; the Turn undead and Bard Song are placed onto the same button in the UI, and thus crashes the game. I think Thief/Bard might also have similar issues. Another thing that had problems was attempting to roll a Dwarven Paladin after BG2Tweaks are installed, due to a Dwarf having a maximum CHA of 16 and the minimum for a Paladin being 17. Issues.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I recommend you edit the race instead of the class. Editing the class manually can cause you not to get certain abilities at level up. If you edit the race from Half-Elf to Human, you should have minimal difficulties getting what you want.