Skip to content

Enemies Attacks / Round

rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
There are a number of enemies who have both a specified number of attacks per round *and* weapon proficiencies... (almost always Grandmasters, but I guess that helps compensate for relatively poor gear.).. examples include Drizzt (4.5 APR), Seravok (2 APR), and Larze (3 APR)

I just did a few tests with Meilum, as he has a standard 1APR, but weapon grandmastery. Allowing some margin of error trying to match up the rounds between two combatants, he seems to get a consistent 2 Attacks, so he's getting the +1 from his proficiency. But does this not mean that enemies with both coded APR and proficiencies get both bonuses? (Assuming they all then max out at 5.)

Edit: I think I answered my own question. The examples I gave are all some kind of special Class, so without the fighter bonuses to APR, they probably get nothing from proficiencies.

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Drizzt is a pile of crap in general. Even in the "official" book of heroes his ridiculous and completely unexplained benefits are complete BS.

I have no idea where that crap even came from, since it even contradicts the books themselves.

His AC is almost 10 higher then it should be. Sure, if he's using the Parry combat action, MAYBE he could have an AC that high (level 16 would allow him to have a +8 bonus from Parry, which combined with his -7 would be -15), but Parry is what became total defense in 3rd edition, so you can't attack at all while using it as it focuses purely on defense only.

His magic resistance is STRONGER (90%) then a drow a living in the underdark's (tops out at 60%) can possibly get. Despite CONSTANTLY mentioning that his abilities have weakened severely since he left the Underdark and in terms of SHOWING, seems to only at best have around 30% MR. And the fact that he can't levitate means at best he can't have more then 40% MR (A drow loses one of their daily abilities per 20% Magic resistance lost, but due to mentioning that his globe of darkness seems to be weaking several times as well, he's properly closer to 30% or possibly even 25% MR)

Twinkle is only a +1 Danger Sense Scimitar, not a +5 Defender. (Specifically mentioned that it's only lightly enchanted and will glow to warn it's user of nearby danger back when the Sage gave it to him in the first Icewind Dale book)