Skip to content

Help with SCS Avarice?

So I've spent the last 20-25 minutes running around my solo FMC (no xp cap) trying to find and kill Avarice. The other warders are dead, but every time I come near Avarice he just drops a cloudkill and runs away while invisible. Even when I use true seeing, he keeps vanishing inbetween ticks of true seeing and running away before I hit him more than a time or two.

Comments

• fischsemmelfischsemmel Member Posts: 40
    Ugh, nevermind. Finally got lucky after at least a dozen run-ins with him and he stayed to fight after I found him.

Is this expected behavior in SCS? Jesus Christ that was the most frustrating 30 minutes I have ever spent playing this game. I want to smash my laptop into a kitten's face right now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ErstarrungErstarrung Member Posts: 51

One thing I do to counter it and give True Sight its proper power, is to alter True Sight in NI by tripling its effects and having them fire every 2 seconds, instead of every 6 seconds.

How do you do this? - I find this behaviour unbelievably annoying, too...
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    edited October 2015
    Another way to counter it is to detect illusions with your thief, it is an important skill to invest to and becomes really useful in BG2 with SCS.

edit: Actually I am surprised that you had problem with Avarice. In my last playthrough I had real trouble with Pride I think, this dwarf is actually an IRON GOLEM! Did you also install the "Improved Durlag's Tower" part of SCS?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @Mirage said:

Another way to counter it is to detect illusions with your thief, it is an important skill to invest to and becomes really useful in BG2 with SCS.

edit: Actually I am surprised that you had problem with Avarice. In my last playthrough I had real trouble with Pride I think, this dwarf is actually an IRON GOLEM! Did you also install the "Improved Durlag's Tower" part of SCS?

He's a solo FMC, no thief around.

• fischsemmelfischsemmel Member Posts: 40
    Mirage said:

Love and greed died first, basically getting beat down and blasted down together. Then I went after pride (avarice had been MIA since activating the warders and dropping his first cloudkill), who managed to wear down me out of stoneskins and mirror images before I killed him, so I popped an invis pot and ran off to rest to get spells back up then went at him again and he died np. Stoneskin and mirror image are really, really awesome, since he had no issue hitting the lowest AC I could put together against slashing (which was I think -12) almost every hit. Just hasted and DUHM and beat him down, didn't even try spells between melee rounds cause of his magic resist.

And like I said, Avarice wasn't difficult to kill, he was difficult to even find. He never hurt me, he died in only a few rounds when he finally stayed visible instead of vanishing and then running to the other side of the map rather than trying to fight, etc.

I had all SCS options enabled except prebuffing mages.