Skip to content

Valygar into Wizard Slayer via EE Keeper (Mac OSX)

ProtoProto Member Posts: 4
edited October 2015 in General Modding
Hi, thank you for clicking this thread.

The lack for an active level and good/neutral thief in BG2 and EE makes me want to change Valygar into a Wizard Slayer so that I can dual-class him into a pure thief.

I gather that this is indeed possible to do via EE Keeper and I've managed to get EE Keeper working in OSX thanks to the "OS-specific" version. I'm not a noob to the Baldur's Gate series but I'm a complete noob when it comes to knowledge about proper settings for saving throws etc. I've searched online and on this forum but I've mostly found threads that talk about that somebody has done it and not so much about the "correct" settings for it.

Please, how do I change Valygar into a Wizard Slayer with the correct class specific saving throws, HP, etc etc? Again, i plan on dual classing him into a thief in the game after that if that matters to the EE Keeper procedure. I'm a few chapters into the game and I've recruited Valygar and done his quest.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you! / Proto

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Saving throws won't be any different between Stalker and Wizard Slayer, and neither will hit points. Both classes use the same progression.
  • ProtoProto Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2015
    Thank you Dee. So you're saying all I have to do is go into EE Keeper, load a save, change his level to 0 and his kit to Wizard Slayer?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I believe so, yes. I don't have much experience with doing this kind of tweaking, though, so I can only comment on the rules themselves.
  • ProtoProto Member Posts: 4
    I understand, thank you. What I've done now is I made a new game and a new character that I used as a base for my edited Valygar. I think it's setup correctly.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    If look into the Override folder you'll fine some .CRE files that corresponds to the NPCs. There are more than one version for each NPC because you can find them in different levels. I believe you can edit the lowest level available and once you find him he'll start as a Wizard Slayer. There is also buttons Update Bonus Stats and Recalculate Stats on EEKeeper that you might click