Skip to content

So a strange thing happened during the Severed Hand quest...

So I am trying to determine whether this issue is a 'bug' or not. During the Severed Hand quest in IWD:EE, my halfling multi-class 7L Fighter/8L Thief was fighting one of the Shattered Souls (along with the Bladed Skeletons) that appear on Level 2 (or perhaps 3?) of the four-story main introductory tower, when it appears that the Shattered Soul he was fighting cast a Vampiric Touch spell on him. However, instead of the spell draining his hit points, it seems his hit point total more than doubled (went from being in the 60's to 138!) as a result. So I'm trying to find out: 1) if this issue has occurred with others during the same quest, and 2) if so, why? Is this issue a bug, or did I miss something during my playthrough? Don't get me wrong, it's a rather nice and PERMANENT buff for one of my characters...But, at the same time, it seems like a cheat. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I have never heard of that happening before. Yes, the "shadow pact" spell that Shattered Souls cast will increase the maximum hit points of the target but they are supposed to cast that spell only on the bladed skeletons accompanying them. It sounds like they cast that spell on you in this instance.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    The release notes for version 1.4 say, "Severed Souls can no longer permanently increase the hit points of party members [10588]," so apparently this at least was a known bug. What version are you running?
  • axelblackaxelblack Member Posts: 2
    The version I am running is 1.3.2058 on a PC with Windows Vista. So, because I am not running the newest edition of IWD:EE (i.e. version 1.4), I assume that this exorbitant hit point increase to my aforementioned character is permanent. Oh well...at least it wasn't a permanent DECREASE in his hit point total. Thanks for your help!
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688

I have never heard of that happening before. Yes, the "shadow pact" spell that Shattered Souls cast will increase the maximum hit points of the target but they are supposed to cast that spell only on the bladed skeletons accompanying them. It sounds like they cast that spell on you in this instance.

It seems sometimes the AI also forgets to pause the game before casting a spell. :)