Skip to content

how do I get reputation to go up in icewind dale?...obviously no quests make it go up and donating goes no where so I assume it has to be tweaked...can anyone link me to something to change that? Thanks

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    You know, I also found it strange that reputation never gets increased in IWD:EE. For some reason I remember certain quests giving you a point or two along with the XP. It's been a while since I played the original, though, so I may be hallucinating.

It's not a big deal, though. In the grand tradition of IE games, about halfway through the game you can already afford pretty much all thode nifty magic items, no discount needed.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You generally can't. Donating to temples, which was introduced with the Enhanced Edition, only works up to a reputation of 8. That's to prevent players from being stuck with outrageously high prices because they killed some innocents.

If you want to change that, unzip the attached file, edit the numbers in the BASE_CHURCH column, and put the 2da in your override folder. A positive number indicates the amount of gold you'll need to reach the next reputation; a 0 means no amount will raise it.
  • RCSixthManRCSixthMan Member Posts: 4
    its true...or you just just use the cheat codes to give yourself whatever amount of gold you want, figured there was a way to mod it so at least you could play the game semi str8 up and either earn gold to then donate to get it to go up, or thru the quests....I vaguely remember in the orginal version that it went up
    where should i be placing the over ride folder?...i tried that in the past in for some reason it didnt work
    nm it did work...once i had it in the program files(x86)\beamdog\games\00786\overide folder...thank you for the help