Skip to content

Importing from Classic BG1 --> BG2EE

Hi,
Is there a way to import a "final save" and/or exported character file (*.chr) from the old (non-EE) BG1 game into BG2EE? I can select either one from BG2EE's import dialogue, however the game crashes after confirming my selection. I'd really love to continue my journey with my old characters, so is there any way to do so? In case it's not possible, what would be the best way to recreate my char using EEKeeper?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• Flupps39Flupps39 Member Posts: 2
    Okay, I figured it out myself. In case someone ever stumbles upon the same problem: Just open the "Baldur.gam" and "Baldur.sav" files (in case of using the Final Save) or whatever *.chr file you want to use with a text editor (I used Notepad++) and change the "V1.0" or "V1.1" at the beginning of the file to V2.0 or V2.1. Leave the rest of the file (most likely gibberish) unchanged. Save the file, fire up BG2EE and start a new game importing your modified files. Works like a charm. Granted, I haven't tested it further than the starting dungeon, but it doesn't seem to cause any issues.