Skip to content

Opcode #72: Set IDS State

Hello there.
Does anyone can confirm status for this opcode? Is it working or not? It does not seems to produce any effect (BG:EE), and I'm unable to locate any existing .SPL which may use it.

I'm expecting result described at gemrb:
#72 (0x72) IDS: Set IDS State [72]
Parameter #1: IDS Entry
Parameter #2: IDS File
Description:
Alters the IDS state of the targeted creature(s) specified by the 'IDS File' field, to the value specified by the 'IDS Entry' field.
Known values for 'IDS File' are:
0 EA
1 Generic
2 Race
3 Class
4 Specific
5 Gender
6 Alignment
I'm looking for some way to change character class via .spl.

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    It seems to work partially. You can successfully change the character's class, but it doesn't activate all of the new skills and abilities. For example, changing someone into a mage doesn't automatically enable the spellbook of that character. It's probably better to change the class via script.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TalarashaTalarasha Member Posts: 62
    edited November 2015
    @argent77, the behaviour which you described is completely what was I looking for, but I can't achive that. I tried making .spl file via NearInfinity, add 72 opcode effect to it and apply .spl on pc via CLAB 2da files, and I has no luck, PC stays with his original class.
    Every other opcodes which I tried were more succesful, for example opcode 71 (change gender) going normal, he became a female already at character generation screen. But with 72 - I can't get changes, neither in class, race or alignment.
    Can you help me with something to verify that opcode is really work, .bcs perhaps, or should I attach mine files with which I can't achieve descibed behaviour?

@subtledoctor, thanks, I'm on 'invisible creature trick' lesson right now and definetly should look into this bard<->thief mod, just feel confused with opcode because it looks like logical and clear way for a task and nowhere in internet no sign it's not working as described...
    UPD: I looked into this mod, its called 'The Rogue Class Switching Mod (Bard to Thief and vice versa)' and as far as I can see it relized on ChangeClass action and a djinni, so I suppose this is a way to go.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    On further testing, changing classes via effect opcode completely messes up the character.

The only viable option is, as described by @subtledoctor, to execute the script action ChangeClass() by using the invisible creature trick.
  • TalarashaTalarasha Member Posts: 62
    Hey, thanks guys, you are alright! :3