Skip to content

Moving BG1 save to BG2 on iPhone 6S+

Hey y'all, I'm sorry for what is probably a total noob question here, but this is driving me crazy. I just finished BG1 and have been trying to get access to my save file so I can use it in BG2. I read elsewhere that a lot of people have had success using ifunbox, but this won't work for me(I have a mac, and it won't let me access the save files). Is there any way to do this, or do I just need to start an entirely new character? Thank you in advance for the help!

Comments

• LDAWG2000LDAWG2000 Member Posts: 3
    Nobody has any idea what I can do? Help me out guys!
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    edited November 2015
    This is definitely not my area of expertise, but if no one else is answering...

I think you might be out of luck. My understanding is that ifunbox stopped working after one of the updates this year (8.3?), so it may be impossible to access the file system on a non-jailbroken iPhone. Beamdog doesn't officially support transferring saves between the iOS games.
    Post edited by joluv on
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I was unable to do it during my play through. I just recreated my character as best as I could
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Wouldn't it be possible for Beamdog to implement a functionality which detects a BG2 installation and automatically transfers a Final Save accordingly?

Not that I'd only blame them. Curse Apple for treating users like children who can't be allowed near system files. There's a fine line between user-friendly and user-condescending.
  • LDAWG2000LDAWG2000 Member Posts: 3
    Well, looks like I'm outta luck. Thanks for the input. New character it is.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    That ... really sucks hard. But it sounds to me more like Apple are the villains of this scenario, not Beamdog.
  • IngenjoerIngenjoer Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2015
    Woah hey! No you're safe buddy, you can export your save to BG2 or even to your computer on your iPhone 6S+ (well, should, I have a 6+ and it worked fine). However it's NOT very intuitive.
    What you do is press and hold the Quick Save-button for a while (don't know exactly how long, do it for maybe 5-10 seconds to be safe) and then you will be able to choose which program to share it with. E.g. BG2, Dropbox etc. :smile:
    Edit: I was assuming you were playing BG:EE on your iPhone as well, though that maybe isn't the case? If so I would also love to know how to transfer the files from OS X to iOS... It shouldn't be that hard to implement the same kind of export in-game for the OS X version, with the same kind of file-extension etc.