Skip to content

[Dupe, #11115] Viconia broke while doing Rassad's quest at the Abandoned Ampitheater

rG_rG_ Member Posts: 4
edited November 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Straight up wasted an entire 6-hour marathon of BG2 because all of my recent save points from that session contain a buggy Viconia who cannot perform an action or walk more than ~3 steps at a time without stopping.

Tried: Removing all her items, killing/resurrecting her, removing/adding her from the party, changing her script (and toggling Party AI), quitting the game and coming back. Nothing worked... she seems to truly be FUBAR.

Is there anything I can do short of using a super old save point?

Same issue, probably different cause here:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/23211/characters-only-move-five-steps-and-stop
Post edited by Jalily on
Noobacca

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2015
    Zip up your save and upload it here. We can try to fix it.
  • rG_rG_ Member Posts: 4
    Attached, thanks for looking.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Sounds like it's probably a jammed dialogue, @rG_. Sometimes (although not always), force-speaking to a character can free a jammed dialogue and get things working again.
    Yeah, I did have her talk to random people with no luck. Based on other discussions that was my guess too.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Unzip the attachment into your override folder. The last block of Viconia's override script was executing endlessly.
    edited November 2015
    Ahhh worked like a charm, thanks so much @Jalily! Really appreciate it.

P.S. For those not in the know (I wasn't), the override directory has to be created in the same location that chitin.key is. For Mac OSX, you can easily find this location via the terminal --

find . -name 'chitin.key'
    > ./Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/Resources/chitin.key
    Noobacca
This discussion has been closed.