Skip to content

Doppelgangers on the 3rd floor of the Merchants League Estate do not drop loot

James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
edited November 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Observed: The Doppelgangers on the 3rd floor of the Merchants League Estate do not drop loot.

Expected: That the Doppelgangers on the 3rd floor of the Merchants League Estate drop loot.

Explanation: This happens during Aldeth Sashenstar's quest. It hasn't happened to me in previous versions of BGEE (1.2, 1.1 etc) - they have dropped loot such as a gem or necklace.
Post edited by James_M on
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    James_M said:

It hasn't happened to me in previous versions of BGEE - they have dropped loot such as a gem or necklace.

I'm not convinced, @James_M. I don't recall those doppelgangers dropping loot since a long time ago, perhaps even as long ago as original BG1, so I'm pretty sure that it's not only the latest version of EE which does this.

I've no idea whether this is an intentional change or an error.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i am going to assume it is intention, in the vanilla bg1 they did indeed drop goodies, but I noticed ( even in the first release of bgee if I recall) they stopped making them drop loot, I don't know why they did that, but that's just the way she goes sometimes I guess
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    These Doppelgangers are created differently in the Enhanced Edition and are using different creature files. The Dopplegangers in the Seven Suns also don't drop any loot, so I'd say they have fixed the creatures to be more consistent.
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'll look into how vanilla handles it when I get the chance.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2015
    Yep. I doubt it was an intentional change (at least in the sense that someone wanted to remove the random drops), there are a lot of different doppleganger files and most of them have random treasure drops. Its likely just an oversight which resulted from them being spawned now by script that uses a specific creature file that was originally used on the other floors. I've made a note of the bug and when I get the chance I'll formally report it.
    Post edited by elminster on
    HurricaneJuliusBorisov