Skip to content

EEKeeper and BG2EE NPCs

Ekalia23Ekalia23 Member Posts: 12
I've tried to find the answer to this but been struggling. Apolagies if this is common knowledge but I've only just started learning about modding these games.

My favourite thing about the Icewind Dale games is the full party creation. Obviously to do this in BG2 you would play a multiplayer game. However, one of my favourite things about the BG games is all the party interactions. Therefore I was wondering if I can do the following;

Get a full party together in a normal game (so 5 NPCs)
Edit everyone with EEKeeper so I have my desired squad classes/kits etc
Ideally change the names and portraits.

So my main two questions are;
1) - can you edit NPCs like you can player characters (I've not brought BG2EE since I started using EEKeeper so can't check)?
2) - Will the NPCs still interact as normal after being edited? (I'm assuming the original NPC names will still appear in dialogue - but I can get over that).

Comments

• ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    Greetings! You can start a new game with a full customized party by starting a Multiplayer Game and having the control assigned for your self. Create the characters the way you want.

After starting the game, go for the Multiplayer Options ("modify character" menu, I believe the "C" is the standard key to access it) and then click on "Permissions" and toggle off the "Listen to Join Request" option to not be bothered with other players trying to join your game session.

Using EEKeeper might work as well, but that is beyong my knowledge, tbh.
  • This thread discusses using EEKeeper to customize the standard NPCs so you can have your cake and eat it too. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41901/we-can-rebuild-them-better-stronger-faster-default-npc-customization-and-you
  • Ekalia23Ekalia23 Member Posts: 12
    That link is perfect thanks! Looks like editing NPCs makes no problems at all :D