Skip to content

Madness Most Fowl (Baldur's Gate).

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
edited December 2015 in Feature Requests
Would it be possible to make it so that this quest doesn't pop up in your quest log, if you've already spoken to and cured Melicamp? As a person that like to complete all quests, it's annoying that it will stay in my quest log for the rest of the game. In the original game the same happened with the winter wolf pelt quest, but in my latest runs of BG:EE I've noticed that it gets removed after I've given him a pelt, something that I'm really happy about. I just wish this was also possible for Madness Most Fowl.

Right now from what I've noticed, the only way to solve this is by talking to the Kissiq before you find Melicamp.

There are also two quests completed when you transform Melicamp, that seem to be saying the exact same thing.

Melicamp Restored - Thalantyr has successfully restored Melicamp. Hopefully the young mage has learned his lesson.

Melicamp's Transformation - I brought a skull back to Thalantyr, as he requested, and his attempt to restore Melicamp was a succes. The young man's body withstood the strain of transformation again, and he seems eager to learn from his mistakes. Thalantyr cautioned that a tragic ending was just as likely, and that care should always be taken in the use of magic, now matter how benign it seems.

To me they are both saying the same thing, Melicamp's Transformation just seems be more detailed. I don't see why both of these are needed? It might have something to do with if you fail the quest, but I still don't see why you couldn't just remove Melicamp Restored, and keep Melicamp's Transformation.

There are actually more quests like these.

Xvart Raids - It appears that the Xvart have been making regular raids on the livestock around Nashkel. They must be operating from a base nearby, but where exactly, I cannot be sure.

I found the base earlier, killed all of the Xvart, it's still in my quest log.

Branwen Rescued - I rescued a priest who had been turned to stone, but i did not let her join my party.

Why is this in my quest log as a quest that I haven't completed yet?

Vai's Bounty Upon Bandits - Officer Jessa Vai of the Flaming Fist is marooned in Beregost with her contingent. In her desperation to return to Baldur's Gate, she's offered me 50 GP for every bandit scalp I can bring her. She'll be waiting for me at the Jovial Juggler Inn.

She isn't there anymore. I gave in all my scalps, I completed Cloakwood Mine and entered Baldur's Gate, which causes her to leave Beregost. But the quest is still there in my quest log.

Troubles in the Region Is another quest chain I'm having problems with.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited December 2015
    I agree. Except that ...
    SionIV said:

Xvart Raids - It appears that the Xvart have been making regular raids on the livestock around Nashkel. They must be operating from a base nearby, but where exactly, I cannot be sure.

That one stays in your quest log regardless of whether you've already found and cleared the Xvart village. It probably ought to be merely a journal entry, not a quest at all. And ...
    SionIV said:

Vai's Bounty Upon Bandits - Officer Jessa Vai of the Flaming Fist is marooned in Beregost with her contingent. In her desperation to return to Baldur's Gate, she's offered me 50 GP for every bandit scalp I can bring her. She'll be waiting for me at the Jovial Juggler Inn.

She isn't there anymore. I gave in all my scalps, I completed Cloakwood Mine and entered Baldur's Gate, which causes her to leave Beregost. But the quest is still there in my quest log.

That's not how it works for me (and according to a guide I checked for comparison, how it works for me is the usual behaviour).

Vai stays where she is (even until the end of the game), and the quest stays in the active log, until you speak to her (anytime after the end of Chapter 3) with no scalp in your inventory. At that point, she gives 1000xp and +1 REP and leaves permanently, and the quest (correctly) clears to the Done log.

[Edit: spelling]
    Post edited by Gallowglass on
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2015

I agree. Except that ...

SionIV said:

That one stays in your quest log regardless of whether you've already found and cleared the Xvart village. It probably ought to be merely a journal entry, not a quest at all. And ...
    SionIV said:

That's not how it works for me (and according to a guide a checked for comparison, how it works for me is the usual behaviour).

Vai stays where she is (even until the end of the game), and the quest stays in the active log, until you speak to her (anytime after the end of Chapter 3) with no scalp in your inventory. At that point, she gives 1000xp and +1 REP and leaves permanently, and the quest (correctly) clears to the Done log.
    This is not correct for me. I speak to her once and sell my scalps after clearing bandit camp, then when I return after I have visited Baldur's Gate, she is gone. I don't get any reputation or finish the quest. Maybe there is something I've done wrong?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    SionIV said:

This is not correct for me. I speak to her once and sell my scalps after clearing bandit camp, then when I return after I have visited Baldur's Gate, she is gone. I don't get any reputation or finish the quest. Maybe there is something I've done wrong?

Strange. Could this be a side-effect of some mod you have installed? (Mine is entirely unmodded.)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    SionIV said:

I agree. Except that ...

SionIV said:

SionIV said:

That's not how it works for me (and according to a guide a checked for comparison, how it works for me is the usual behaviour).

she might not necessarily be gone, she does walk around quite a bit, and it could be possible that she walked up the hallway a bit to the back of the bar, one time I had her and bjorn both walk up to the back of the bar once