Skip to content

Can't save while in berserk mode.

Hey, my CharName is a berserker, but when I enter berserk mode I can't neither rest or save the game which is extremely frustrating. I've been looking for a solution or anything like that but there is nothing about it. It works fine in Baldur's Gate 2 EE and IceWind Dale but not in this game. Any way to fix it?

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    This issue has certainly been discussed a lot, and it was fixed for BG2EE in version 1.3 -- see p. 27 of the release notes. So I assume it will be resolved in the next patch for BGEE. (There are probably also ways to fix it yourself, but I know zero about modding.)
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Are you sure this isn't intended? The developers might have been trying to prevent scenarios where Charname dies upon resting or worse a saved game disaster where you can't avoid death when the berserk wears off (which could happen if you're out of spells and potions and save when you have low hit points).
    Gallowglass
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    Balrog99 said:

Are you sure this isn't intended? The developers might have been trying to prevent scenarios where Charname dies upon resting or worse a saved game disaster where you can't avoid death when the berserk wears off (which could happen if you're out of spells and potions and save when you have low hit points).

You don't die from berserker-mode. You get knocked out.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

I think that's a change in the EEs. IIRC, you could die from it in the original game, so @Balrog99's rationale for the original devs motive for disabling saves still stands up.
    semiticgoddess

I think that's a change in the EEs. IIRC, you could die from it in the original game, so @Balrog99's rationale for the original devs motive for disabling saves still stands up.
    Correct, that comes with EEs. And we are discussing the EEs now, not the original.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Correct, that comes with EEs. And we are discussing the EEs now, not the original.

We're discussing why it may have been deliberately designed to disable saves during berserk mode, which was a feature of the original games as well as the EEs. If it was indeed deliberate, then it was the devs of the original game who took this decision, and @Balrog99's suggestion about the reason makes a lot of sense.

It may be the case that the original reason no applies in the EEs, but that doesn't mean it's now a bug, it just means that it's an intended feature which is now redundant.

They'll probably remove the redundant safeguard in the next patch anyway, but in the meanwhile I don't quite understand why you find it especially frustrating. You can save just before raging, and again after raging, and raging only last a few rounds, so it doesn't seem to me to be a big deal. Am I missing some important consequence of briefly not being able to save?
    [Deleted User]
    I am addicted to Quick-Save and if you don't mind having to wait to be able to save that is fine. My battles never last long in the game, and I really want to save directly after a battle. Yes I think it is a bit anoying. You don't have to agree, but you don't need to start a discussion about it neither. All I was wondering was if there were anyway to Remove the preventation of Saving, as it is not in Baldur's Gate 2 it seemed a bit wierd to me. Sorry for any misspelling, I'm on My anti-english phone.