Skip to content

[Not An Issue] Have Rep 14 But Nashkel Guards attack anyway

FieryCupcakeFieryCupcake Member Posts: 2
edited December 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
So, early game, before going to the Nashkel mines, my party entered Nashkel proper with a low reputation (2 or 3 I think) and we were chased out of town by Amnian guards. We looked up what the problem was and set out to repair our reputation. We now have a reputation of Popular (14), which every thread I've found says should fix the problem, but whenever we try to enter Nashkel the guards still attack us, closing off that town and its resources/quests to us.
Is there anything else we can try that might fix this problem?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Poor REP causes the guards to go hostile, but once that has happened, then they stay hostile, regardless of REP subsequently increasing.

Therefore, probably the best solution would have been to have killed them, since you wouldn't have lost much more REP than you had already lost. You could then have repaired your REP afterwards.

Having not done that, one option now would be to kill them anyway, which will throw away all the REP you've repaired, but you can then buy it back again at a temple. It'll cost you a few thousand GP, though.

Alternatively ... well, you could try Charming all of the guards. It doesn't last forever, but at least you ought to be able to get some of the quests in town. Then you'd have to Charm them again to leave you alone, when you later return for your quest rewards, etc. Or maybe you could use a Hold, or some other disabling spell, to keep them off your back for a minute. Do-able, I'd guess, but probably a little tedious to make it work.
  • FieryCupcakeFieryCupcake Member Posts: 2
    I see, none of the threads I was on mentioned that they would stay hostile. Thank you for the help
This discussion has been closed.