Skip to content

Android - Bought game / cannot install to my preferred platform

Hello Icewind Dale lovers!
I recently purchased Icewind Dale EE from the Play store and have had nothing but trouble getting it to work!

The game reports that it's 2.65GB large and it insists that there is not enough internal memory to complete the installation on my phone. So, I decided to install it on a device with larger internal memory then try to migrate it to my phone.

-I created an Android VM using Genymotion, with more than enough internal memory to hold the Icewind Dale App
-Installed the Icewind Dale App using the Google Play store (this finished without any issues)
-Copied the files from '/internal/Android/obb/com.beamdog.icewinddale' to my PC
-Copied the same files to the SD card on my phone, into this path: '/storage/sdcard1/Android/obb/com.beamdog.icewinddale'
-Extracted the APK for Icewind Dale from the Genymotion VM using Titanium Backup...but it's a mere 13MB (this seemed strange, until...)
-Installed APK on the phone without problems
-Used the 'App' settings tool to 'Move to SD Card'
-Ran the Icewind Dale App
-Icewind Dale started to download the game (wicked fast compared to the Google Play download!)

Sadly, the App decided to download its files to the internal memory, again. It did not recognize that I had copied the same files to my sdcard, already.

So, what do I do now?

Some points of information:
-My Moto E 2nd Gen is not rooted
-I have 4GB of internal memory, with the majority reserved for whatever it is that phones store in their root accessible folders (not enough space to install IWDEE)

(Please let me know if this is not the proper avenue to obtain support)

Thank you for any help!

Comments

• trasctrasc Member Posts: 3
    I missed that Beamdog has a Zendesk account. This post has been duplicated as a support case, there, now. I will keep this post up to date with my experience, there.
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Moved to the proper section.
  • trasctrasc Member Posts: 3
    Thank you kindly, good sir!
    Davide