Skip to content

[Not An Issue] Beetles in the cellar won't die

eliteforceguyeliteforceguy Member Posts: 4
edited December 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Just bought the game for my PC and chose to install via the Beamdog installer. I make my characters, talk to Hrothgar, talk to Grisella, and when I enter the cellar, my characters cycle from beetle to beetle (as if they killed them and are moving on) but each beetle remains at near death status. Once all beetles are at near death status, my characters ignore them and act like they don't exist (I.E. thief with controlled script will continue detecting traps). I thought maybe it was a bad install so I chose to go online and do the direct download....downloaded the game and created my characters again...same problem. Please help!
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    That is really odd. You just downloaded the game so no mods, right? hrm...can you zip and upload your saved game?
  • eliteforceguyeliteforceguy Member Posts: 4
    Found out what it is....apparently if you do not equip the quarterstaves (or any weapon for that matter), the beetles can kill you and cannot be killed. So my problem was my characters were only using their fists. Once I by happenstance equipped the quarterstaves, I had no problems killing them and they no longer attacked me either! Maybe something small to look into? Or perhaps the game isn't supposed to support hand to hand combat? Just a thought!
This discussion has been closed.