Skip to content

Warning to people trying to avoid Star Wars spoilers - don't go to "best of"!

dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
I've been deliberately avoiding the Star Wars thread as I can't see the film until 29th Dec. However, in all innocence I just clicked on "best of" and found a large post about Star Wars staring me in the face - don't go there!

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Thanks. Thought I already saw one spoiler in the comment secion of video that has nothing to do with Star Wars :(

Meaning: you can read ANY comment section around these days.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Thank you! I might have stepped on that land mine! I am seeing it on Christmas day with my best friend from high school. I'm on the internet so much, even not clicking on Star Wars stuff has still gotten me spoiled with two rumors that I wish I hadn't heard. I'm at least in the state of needing to see confirmation of them, and I don't want to get any more spoiled! One of them I got just by clicking on comments for a comic strip with a Star Wars joke in it, ironically about somebody ruining it for two of the strip characters while they were in the lobby. I left a curse comment wishing a pox on him and his house.

Sigh, Friday can't get here soon enough!

I hate that I have to get a week or more behind in the various discussion threads, but, come on.

There are just far too many people out there who either think "Meh, it's all obvious" after the fact of their having already seen it, and too many people who are just jerks and actually take pleasure in spoiling entertainment for others, especially entertainment events of this magnitude.

I don't think people here in this forum are doing it intentionally, since the two or three spoiler threads I've seen are clearly labeled as such, but I very well could have clicked on "Best Of" without thinking that people in the spoiler threads clicking approval on each other's posts could very well mine the "Best Of" feed with unlabeled spoilers!

Gosh, if you got your first viewing experience ruined on this forum, I really feel for you!

Hopefully we won't get any trolls deliberately trying to ruin it for others, and if we do, I would encourage the moderators to delete any such thread creations or posts as soon as they seen them!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.