Skip to content

Investigating the Merchants' League Estate quest is stuck in my journal

foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
edited December 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
I finished this quest, but the game still lists it as active.
The quest entry states that I must: 'check out Zorl's office'.
Is it a bug like with that Melicamp related quest or not?
If it is me messing up the quest, could somebody, please, give me a console command to force it out of active quest page?
Better still, I would be MUCH more oblidged if someone could direct me to a list of all console commands to all quests and stages in BG EE, so I can FINALLY get rid of some stubs in my journal. I'm just OCDed like hell by it.
"It is so aggravating! 'Tis disturbing to my demeanor!"
PS See the attached file

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Just for the avoidance of doubt, @foma_mgppu, did you in fact do what it says and check out Zorl's office?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Move to BGEE bugs section. This is basically a consequence of moving over to the new journal system.
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    @Gallowglass, in order to progress the quest you need those letters contained in Zorl's desk and said desk is the only interactable object in a room presumed to be Zorl's office. So, basically, yes, I am pretty sure I did it.

Is there any way to be rid of such nuisances? Like CLUA console or something of sorts, perhaps? These things are driving me really crazy to the point where I am reluctant to even open my journal.
    edited December 2015
    There isn't any CLUA console function available for this. At least not one I'm aware of.

Please open up a new thread for each particular journal entry you are finding is still in-game (after completing its associated quest), as well as any steps you took in-game, as outlined here

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/494578/#Comment_494578

In terms of any immediate fix for these I'm going to need you to post the exact wording for each journal entry you are having an issue with and I'll see what I can do about making a weidu mod to remove them (I need the exact phrasing to be able to search them up). I don't need the whole thing either, 4-5 words after the journals title should do.

Edit: A screenshot would obviously work too.
    @elminster Here is some screenshots with, journal entries of a quest that is already complete, or, as I presume, just outright bugs with the journal.

P.S.: First and second screenshots are related to the first chapter, 3rd is for chapter 3 and 4th is for chapter 5.

P.S.S: Before posting this, I googled for every present problem to ensure that it is really a bug, not just my misconception of game plot and/or screwups with quests which may cause said journal entries to still be present under active quests tab.

I may be wrong and this can be due to my in-game quest mistakes, I'd be glad to reconsider, but, AFAIK and as written in P.S.S. those are bugs.

I would greatly appreciate if you could help!
    Happy holidays to you all, guys! =)
    edited January 2016
    Thanks. Like I wrote though if you could throw together a thread for each of those journal entries, including the steps you took to get them, that would be a big help. To get an idea check out this link.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/494578/#Comment_494578
    Post edited by elminster on