Skip to content

Black Pits 2 solo with a fighter

I tried to get thought the Black Pits 2 with my favourite half-elf fighter character. On three occasions I used a joinable NPC. The first one was just as a test and got Voghlin killed. The other two occasions were really necessary.

Hort Il-D'rth for the demi-lich brothers and that crazy woman with the talking furniture to battle the Bhaal worshippers. You really have to let the Bhaal guys attack someone long enough before the go invisible again, so you can whirlwind them.

The final battle with Dennaton's team was after the Ravanger battle and was just plain impossible, because

by getting Voghlin killed, my fighter couldn't poison Joker. Solo, the reversal scroll is of no use.

and also because it's just too damn hard :)

I took my fighter through the whole SoA and Watcher's Keep multiple times. He is a dual wielding level 40 nightmare with a magic resistance of 65 and strength of 24. Those stats really helped!
As for tactics, the game looked like the gladiator scene in Monty Python's 'The Holy Grail'. I basically ran out everybody's magic protections and womped the opposition to kingdom come.

Strategy:
He bought oil of speed, invisibility, magic protection and resistance and as much healing potions as his bladder could hold. Two rings of regeneration, Helm of Valinor, the minotaur statue (for those demi-liches), boots of speed, the Silver Sword and other goodies to help him. And of course the good old reload.

The Silver sword killed the dragon on the first hit, yay!

The experiment was worth my time!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I love the silver sword, everytime I have a two handed wielder in SoA they always get the silver sword, and 9 times out of 10, I will run off to spell hold right away so I can get the silver sword relatively early :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    So you could not defeat the final battle? It is admirable you fought up to that point, though. Some battles are pretty hard. A solo fighter...can not hope to be as versatile as a full fledged party.

Sadly, there is no tactics I can give against the Planar Hunters. If they come one by one you can defeat them easily. However they are just too much all at once. Even a highly tweaked party needs to fight tooth and nail to survive. I love that fight. Pinnacle of epic party vs party play.
  • spammyspammy Member Posts: 9
    sarevok57 said:

I love the silver sword, everytime I have a two handed wielder in SoA they always get the silver sword, and 9 times out of 10, I will run off to spell hold right away so I can get the silver sword relatively early :)

The Silver Sword is awesome, but encountered a bug: when he killed the big clay golem with one strike, it was called a victory. So couple of fights later when you enter the same arena, you not only had to fight the rakshasa but the smaller golems as well.
    lunar said:

So you could not defeat the final battle? It is admirable you fought up to that point, though. Some battles are pretty hard. A solo fighter...can not hope to be as versatile as a full fledged party.

Sadly, there is no tactics I can give against the Planar Hunters. If they come one by one you can defeat them easily. However they are just too much all at once. Even a highly tweaked party needs to fight tooth and nail to survive. I love that fight. Pinnacle of epic party vs party play.

Yeah, there could have been more options to weaken them. There are plenty of loose ends with potential.

Like the feather. Its description says that it could be used for a potion. Also it's a pity you cannot exploit the hatred between Pol and Kun

Also, does anyone know how to enter the quarters of Dennaton?
  • CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    @spammy Yeah, it's one of the side quests. You have to buy a Noser uniform, and then bribe or "do an errand" for the guard captain, and then you have the run of the place.
    @Caeria
    I can go to the rooms of Dennaton's minions and force the locks, but I can't get into his private quarters (those next to the long corridor). With a previous run and a mage in my party, even the knock spell was useless. Perhaps I'll try a thief next time.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    spammy said:

@Caeria
    I can go to the rooms of Dennaton's minions and force the locks, but I can't get into his private quarters (those next to the long corridor). With a previous run and a mage in my party, even the knock spell was useless. Perhaps I'll try a thief next time.

You can force all the locks with a 24 str potion you can buy from Bellowgulp. You have to drink it from your inventory though.