Skip to content

Importing to ToB

Hello all, I'm new here! Please forgive me if this is obvious, but I searched here and on google and couldn't find a definitive answer: I have the original BG2 with its CDS and all, but I would like to purchase BG2EE and play it from the start. I would then like, if possible, to import my characters to Throne of Bhaal. Is this possible? Or is it only posible from the original BG2?

Comments

• CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    Yeah, the game will automatically take you from the end of SOA to the beginning of TOB :smile: I think that's what you meant...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2015
    BG2EE includes Throne of Bhaal. You can play it one of two ways.

1. After finishing Shadows of Amn your characters will automatically start in Throne of Bhaal.
    2. Alternatively, you can create a new character for just the Throne of Bhaal section of the game.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    You can either do what @Caeria said and just play the game, which will take you from SoA to ToB neatly and without interruption automatically.

Or, you can also start a new game directly in ToB and import a save from SoA, or individual characters.

Any way works!

Keep in mind though that you probably can't import saves from the original game into the Extended Edition of the game, if you still have those saves.
  • EpicPainEpicPain Member Posts: 19
    Oh alright, didn't realize BG2 EE contained ToB as well! That's great.
  • CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    What @Lord_Tansheron says is true, I'm pretty sure you can't move saves from non-EE to EE, but I'm reasonably certain you can move around individual exported characters between the games. I seem to remember doing this without any problems.
  • MrNoobyMrNooby Member Posts: 131
    Question, while this thread is here. When going from SoA to ToB - does everything including your party and their items, spells etc carry over?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    If you just play through normally then yes, you keep everything as it is. It's really like you just keep playing and simply move on to the next chapter, no break at all.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    But remember to have ALL the odd bits and pieces you've picked up along the way safely stored in a bag of holding because you can't get back to Athkatla once you've started ToB.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    dunbar said:

But remember to have ALL the odd bits and pieces you've picked up along the way safely stored in a bag of holding because you can't get back to Athkatla once you've started ToB.

Or alternatively, store your stash in containers in Watcher's Keep, since that's the only place accessible from SoA which is also accessible from ToB. (I usually partially-clear the first level of WK from within SoA for this purpose, but then I leave the rest of WK until I'm in ToB.)