Skip to content

Fought Lassal, what now?

So, I'm in Bodhi's Lair for the Shadow Thieves. I cleared the top floor, go downstairs, Lassal challenges me to fight him back upstairs, I smack him down and he ghosts. I'm not sure what to do now. My journal hasn't updated and it just doesn't "feel" like I'm done. Also, I read on gamebanshee that I'm supposed to find some gauntlets in the room where I fought Lassal, but nothing is there.

What did I miss? Thanks,

Comments

• MrNoobyMrNooby Member Posts: 131
    The gauntlets are in the fountain in the centre I believe.

As for progressing, you need to stake all of the named vampires you kill (there's one that you don't), three in all that need staking. You can find that room and the coffins in it on the main floor in the west part of the vampire crypts.

I'd suggest this walkthrough as opposed to the one you're using. http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/faqs/34147

It's much more detailed I think, and more helpful.
  • CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    About the gauntlets:

They're not there until the second time you face Bodhi.

To move onwards, you have to stake Lassal's coffin.
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    I found two coffins that I could stake on the left side of the top floor, but I killed three named vampires. I'm pretty sure I still have to stake the third coffin (the bottom one?), but I'm not seeing a sword icon for it. I've scouted both floors again just in case Lassal respawned somewhere as a glitch, but I'm alone here. Is his coffin somewhere I'm just not seeing?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    You may have missed another vampire. There's three "big" vampires you need to kill and then stake, Lassal is just one of them; there are two others. Check that you got all the secret rooms etc. or that they didn't run away into a corner or something (this may happen if you e.g. use Protection from Undead).
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im pretty sure that bottom coffin is the one that makes the sequence continue on, maybe you need to put your cursor a little lower over it? and also if im not mistaken that is lassal's coffin
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    plus, do you have enough stakes?
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    I have a ton of stakes. I eventually worked it out. Apparently, I didn't hit the coffin fast enough and he respawned in the spike room. So, I just killed him again and rushed to the coffins. Problem solved. Thanks.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    For future reference I don't think it's that you didn't get to his coffin fast enough, he always respawns in the spike room (at least he has in all of my games, and there is some dialogue there).