Skip to content

Best way to add kits to BG2EE?

OhmegaOhmega Member Posts: 35
I want to add more kits to my game but I've read that you can only have 9 active kits per class.

What's the best way to go about adding kits? I think there's a mod that lets you make other kits invisible but I don't want to get rid of the kits entirely. There are some interesting kits and mods out there but some of them just add a LOT of kits to the game all at once - with Rogue Rebalancing already installed I would have more Thief/Bard kits than 9.

Is there a way to be more selective about what Kits I get access to in character creation?

So far I have BG2 Tweak Pack, SCS, aTweaks, Rogue Rebalancing and Song & Silence added and some other non-kit related mods like Unfinished Business, Dungeon Be Gone, Quest Pack and G3 Anniversary.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OhmegaOhmega Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2016
    @subtledoctor

Thank you for such a complete reply! The Near Infinity thing is what I needed to know first I think. I wasn't too worried about installing the mods, more concerned about managing the kits but I actually hadn't heard of Monastic Orders of Faerun. I'll give all those kits a look into once I check out NI.

<3

Edit:

How do I "Juggle" them?

Also should I uninstall SCS, aTweaks to get these to work? (SCS took a long time to install...)
    Post edited by Ohmega on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OhmegaOhmega Member Posts: 35
    @subtledoctor

Ah, okay, I understand what the numbers correspond to now. That should help.

I'm pretty much only installing kits (and necessary components), going to try the game and see if it's working okay.

So far I THINK I have Song & Silence, Tome and Blood and Divine Remix working (except my Ranger kits don't show up? Very odd... - which is fine, I can just EE Keeper them if I really want, don't use Rangers much).

Almost messed up the Tome and Blood install. I skipped the Learn via Dialogue hoping I wouldn't have to install it but it seems mandatory for Sorcerer Kits. Then I installed it after everything else in the mod and it brought up a few bugs (Spell Knowledge ability disappearing), so I uninstalled the entire mod and re-installed it. Seems all fixed and good.

I have a clean BG2EE backup if I want to reinstall the mods.

I tried uninstalling aTweaks but it actually just wouldn't let me. Brought up some errors. So I just went ahead with the Kit Mods instead to see if it'll work.

Thanks so much for your help! Much appreciated!