Skip to content

Our Overhaul AMAA is complete!

12346»

Comments

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    edited September 2012
    Ohh Jeez you had to bring the PvP thing here? theres a dedicated Poll thread :P and from the numbers there is not a HUGE demand for PvP in BG.
    GodKaiserHellRedGuardRazor
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    edited September 2012
    @immagikman just because there isnt many people who are demanding pvp, does not mean it would'nt bring an interesting element to the game, considering the hardest enemy to fight is another human player because of unpredictability and better reactions and preperation, I would welcome the addition, I remember reading it that the team were looking into it at some point.
  • GueulEclatorGueulEclator Member Posts: 175
    Majoca said:

@immagikman just because there isnt many people who are demanding pvp, does not mean it would'nt bring an interesting element to the game, considering the hardest enemy to fight is another human player because of unpredictability and better reactions and preperation, I would welcome the addition, I remember reading it that the team were looking into it at some point.

that and also the simple fact (that I mentioned) that the forum's demography does not represent the targeted game audience well. Here I almost only see die hard hardcore Baldur's gate fans that are a bit over-zealous and conservative.

However this game is targeted at a wide audience : 500 000 gamers. PVP being extremely popular for the mass, most of these 500 000 gamers would love to see PVP.

the 500 Average users of this forum isn't really a good sample for the 500 000 average gamers targeted.

However this game is targeted at a wide audience : 500 000 gamers. PVP being extremely popular for the mass, most of these 500 000 gamers would love to see PVP.

the 500 Average users of this forum isn't really a good sample for the 500 000 average gamers targeted.

I find it hard to believe that you think that the "Best RPG in history" only had a few diehard fans... Im pretty sure that the game once it is released should be able to appeal without PvP to more than just a "Few nut case nostalgia freaks" as on person put it. MOST RPGs do just fine without PvP. Be that as it may, you are free to campaign for your desire. Im just posting opinion.
    Tr_ondSneakyDumpling
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672

PvP is not currently in our near-term plans. We looked into it and the amount of hardcoding in the engine is shocking.

-Trent

It seems even Cthulu is against the idea.
    CommunardMoira
  • GueulEclatorGueulEclator Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2012

PvP is not currently in our near-term plans. We looked into it and the amount of hardcoding in the engine is shocking.

-Trent

thanks, finally a concrete answer. I do hope one day you will find the time to do so.

I'm glad you looked into it, it means you were interested in the feature.

I will buy the game regardless, for all the other features and the possible updates.

the debate is now closed, as far as I'm concerned.
    :)
  • KendosanMastersKendosanMasters Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    I'd love PvP mode, but simply didn't know where the poll is or that it existed and found this topic by luck because it had a post in the best of section. (Found it: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/64523)

I had my own topic, with ideas about it here (PvP, dungeon races you name it):
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/63944#Comment_63944

I've even a simple far less coding required idea in there.

• gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    edited September 2012
    gfm50 said:

What is planned for the pre and post release marketing of the game? A cool cinematic on you tube to tempt all my friends on the fence to buy it =]! How can your fan base best help to market the game? We really want you guys to be uber successful, so please let us know!

Trent, could you please do a short post answering the above marketing related questions for us? I bet that I am not the only one that wants to be lockstep with your team in marketing the game before and upon release. We feel really invested in its success as well!

Thank you! Just two weeks!!! =]
    that70sgirl7887
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    People who like PvP have WoW as the ultimate fix for their tastes. They should leave BG alone.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

Playing it on an ipad where people can see will spark interest. I think the game will do super on that platform!

Cant imagine BG on Ipad .. Sorry....
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Luckily you won't have to imagine it!
    MoiraFake_Sketchdosentti666
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

Luckily you won't have to imagine it!

Not saying it wont be nice, just im more to big screens...;)

immagikman
    I prefer larger screens too, however Since we do have and Ipad will be trying it out :D Though I do prefer to carry my Kindle instead of the ipad.