Skip to content

Modding questions - things that can and cannot be done...

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jethrojethro Member Posts: 81
    edited January 2016
    Any chance someone could take a quick peek? I'm totally lost as to what might be wrong. Weidu says the error is line 218 around BEGIN...
    edited January 2016
    Any chance someone could take a quick peek? I'm totally lost as to what might be wrong. Weidu says the error is line 218 around BEGIN...

I attached the debug file as well...
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    First thing:>
    ]
    [trigger list near line 19, column 31 of 5eRace\dlg\JTFLAY.d] PARSE WARNING at line 19 column 1-25
    Near Text: )
    [Class] argument [BARBARIAN] not found in [Class.IDS]
    Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
    Adding JTFLAY to internal list of available DLGs
    [JTFLAY.DLG] saved 234 states, 619 trans, 6 strig, 174 ttrig, 421 actions
    Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

I don't see JTFLAY.d in your attachment, but you want to check for a barbarian, you should check for the fighter class and for the barbarian kit. Yes, the barbarian is considered a fighter kit, not a class.

As for this:

[5eRace\dlg\JETAF.d] PARSE ERROR at line 218 column 1-16
    Near Text: BEGIN
    syntax error

[5eRace\dlg\JETAF.d] ERROR at line 218 column 1-16
    Near Text: BEGIN
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [5eRace\dlg\JETAF.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: compiling [5eRace\dlg\JETAF.d]!
    Stopping installation because of error.

Line 218 looks okay...I believe that weidu doesn't always tell the truth. Buuuuut, you seem to have two blocks that have the same title (and 218 is one of them--218-224 to be specific):

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN JET1_CONFIRM //////Confirm choices
    SAY ~Are you sure?~
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, this will be my training~ GOTO JET1_CONFIRM1
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, let me look again~ GOTO JET1_1
    END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN JET1_CONFIRM //CAST choices

See the bolded text. Perhaps the second one is supposed to be "JET1_CONFIRM1" (?)

Heh, it's very easy to miss something!
    oh yeah it IS confirm1, trying to fix it I was moving stuff around and eliminating things, but to no avail...

...the barbarian thing won't be an issue...

...more importantly, if weidu is wrong then what do i do?!? It won't install like it is...
    jethro said:

oh yeah it IS confirm1, trying to fix it I was moving stuff around and eliminating things, but to no avail...

...the barbarian thing won't be an issue...

...more importantly, if weidu is wrong then what do i do?!? It won't install like it is...

It should work once you change the name of the block.

By 'wrong' I meant that it doesn't always tell you the exact line that is the problem. Here is was lines 218 and 224, so it was partially right
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited January 2016

It should work once you change the name of the block.

By 'wrong' I meant that it doesn't always tell you the exact line that is the problem. Here is was lines 218 and 224, so it was partially right

Unfortunately this is NOT the problem. It used to be correctly written and it gave the same error. I fixed it back, and it gives the same error. I delete the Jet1_confirm block (the first such instance) and the error is reported in the next block regardless. I mean I MUST be doing something wrong, but it's been nearly a week of staring at this and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is!

EDIT: now i feel like an idiot...missed an END on the line before...thanks for the help fellas!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Ha ha, yeah, that happens. You still don't want to have two blocks with the same name, but I'm glad it worked out

jethro said:

...missed an END on the line before...

toldja! :wink:
    Yes you did. That's actually what got me to look at it again. :blush:
    Ok, now it's complaining about line 228 at IF, any thoughts? You were both so helpful last time :smile:
    IF ~~ THEN BEGIN JET1_CONFIRM //////Confirm choices
    SAY ~Are you sure?~
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, this will be my training~ GOTO JET1_FINAL
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, let me look again~ GOTO JET1_1
    END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN JET1_FINAL //CAST choices
    SAY ~Excellent. May your decisions prove provident~
    IF ~Global("STRATT2P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTSTR", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("STRATT2P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("DEXATT2P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTDEX", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("DEXATT2P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("CONATT2P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTCON", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("CONATT2P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("INTATT2P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTINT", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("INTATT2P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("WISATT2P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTWIS", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("WISATT2P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("CHAATT2P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTCHA", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("CHAATT2P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("STRATT1P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTSTR", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("STRATT1P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("DEXATT1P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTDEX", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("DEXATT1P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("CONATT1P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTCON", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("CONATT1P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("INTATT1P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTINT", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("INTATT1P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("WISATT1P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTWIS", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("WISATT1P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("CHAATT1P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTCHA", Player1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("CHAATT1P1", "Global", 0)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT1P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT1A", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT1P1", "Global", 2)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT1B", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT1P1", "Global", 3)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT1C", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT3P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT3A", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT3P1", "Global", 2)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT3B", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT3P1", "Global", 3)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT3C", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT4P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT4A", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT4P1", "Global", 2)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT4B", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT4P1", "Global", 3)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT4C", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT5P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT5A", Player1)~ DO ~RemoveSpellRES("CFEAT5", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT5P1", "Global", 2)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT5B", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT5P1", "Global", 3)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT5C", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT6P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT6A", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT6P1", "Global", 2)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT6B", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT6P1", "Global", 3)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT6C", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT7P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTCLRC", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT7P1", "Global", 2)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("JTFGHT", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT8P1", "Global", 1)
    Race(Player1, HALFLING)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT8B", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT8P1", "Global", 1)
    !Race(Player1, HALFLING)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT8A", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT9P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT9A", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT9P1", "Global", 2)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT9B", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("CFEAT9P1", "Global", 3)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("CFEAT9C", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("TFEAT1P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("TFEAT1", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("TFEAT2P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("TFEAT2", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("TFEAT3P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("TFEAT3", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("TFEAT4P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("TFEAT4", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("HFEAT1P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("HFEAT1", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("HFEAT2P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("HFEAT2", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("HFEAT3P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("HFEAT3", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("HFEAT4P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("HFEAT4", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("HFEAT5P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("HFEAT5", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("HFEAT6P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("HFEAT6", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("MFEAT1P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("MFEAT1", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("MFEAT2P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("MFEAT2", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("MFEAT4P1", "Global", 1)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("MFEAT4", Player1)~
    IF ~Global("MFEAT3P1", "Global", 1)
    Class(Player1, MAGE)
    Class(Player1, BARD)
    Class(Player1, SORCERER)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("MFEAT3A",Player1)~
    IF ~Global("MFEAT3P1", "Global", 1)
    Class(Player1, CLERIC)
    Class(Player1, DRUID)
    Class(Player1, RANGER)
    Class(Player1, PALADIN)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("MFEAT3B",Player1)~
    IF ~Global("MFEAT3P1", "Global", 2)
    Class(Player1, MAGE)
    Class(Player1, BARD)
    Class(Player1, SORCERER)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("MFEAT3C",Player1)~
    IF ~Global("MFEAT3P1", "Global", 2)
    Class(Player1, CLERIC)
    Class(Player1, DRUID)
    Class(Player1, RANGER)
    Class(Player1, PALADIN)~ THEN DO ~ForceSpellRES("MFEAT3D",Player1)~
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Thank you~ EXIT
    END
    So I've banged my head against this wall enouogh and now I'm bleeding. Whilst I await the paramedics if anyone can spot what the heck I did wrong, I'd be quite obliged. The bold section is what weidu is calling the parsing error, at IF column 1-2...so something is quite wrong either in the BEGIN statement or the format of all the IF's below it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the latter. I deleted the SAY statement and that did nothing either.
    So I *TRIED* to get the .dlg file to work by taking out the whole last section of spells being cast and move it to a .baf script instead (I figure I'll be summoning a invisible creature to run/cast all this anyway, so start with the script then move to the dialog, then back to the script to cast the spells). The result is a much smaller .dlg file, but it still won't work. It's now the last line that's causing the error. Anyway, I'm TOTALLY at a loss of what I've done wrong. There's "END"s everywhere and "BEGIN"s and "~"s. Anyhow, I figure i'm missing an elementary something or other...

...that said, there's not a ton of .dlg writing info out there...
    this is my latest
  • Roman215Roman215 Member Posts: 10
    Is it possible to make a kit of a multiclass? As an example, base class Fighter/Mage and kit being Magic Knight? So you can only be that kit if you're the multiclass Fighter/Mage.
    I'll take a look when I have more time.

@Roman215 You can 'kind of' do that. We are doing something similar in the faiths and powers mod. You basically create the kit, and then you have to add the kit using the 'invisible monster' trick. It's a little involved to describe if you're not familiar with some basics...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jethro said:

Anyhow, I figure i'm missing an elementary something or other...

Yeah, so that elementary something or other was the second END at the end...I'm an idiot and hope i didn't waste too much of anyone's time. That said, I appreciate the help SO MUCH! And i'll sure I'll have another boneheaded question in no time :smile:
    jethro said:

jethro said:

Anyhow, I figure i'm missing an elementary something or other...

Yeah, so that elementary something or other was the second END at the end...I'm an idiot and hope i didn't waste too much of anyone's time. That said, I appreciate the help SO MUCH! And i'll sure I'll have another boneheaded question in no time :smile:
    Glad to hear it!