Skip to content

kivan quest timer (for v1.3) (spoiler?)

i had seen in the notes for 1.3 that kivan's timer had been adjusted, i couldn't find any thread or other site info that was current on this (post 1.3 dated), so does anyone know approximately how long kivan gives you to hit the bandit camp before leaving as of that patch change?

Comments

• vishvish Member Posts: 49
    I found it to be quite a long time. I remember picking him up before Chapter 2, and he only bothered me about his quest once as I played through the game. This was before the adjusted timer as well. I'm assuming the patch makes it even longer. I'm almost certain I remember reading it increased the timer somewhere.
  • PscionPscion Member Posts: 19
    vish said:

... I'm assuming the patch makes it even longer. I'm almost certain I remember reading it increased the timer somewhere.

this is what i want to find out for sure, i remember reading it was "adjusted" or "modified" but didn't say longer or shorter... it used to be i believe 30 days if in ch 1, and scaled back depending what chapter you got him in, idk what it's set to as of the v1.3 patch though.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    I'm in the middle of a SCS run right now with Kivan as the lone voice of morality in an evil party. I picked him up almost immediately and he hasn't said a word about hurrying up yet. This was definitely not the case the first time I played EE. I think I actually lost him to the timer before.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Depends on the chapter you recruited him in:

Chapter 1: 20 days
    Chapter 2: 14 days
    Chapter 3: 7 days
  • PscionPscion Member Posts: 19
    Jalily said:

Depends on the chapter you recruited him in:

Chapter 1: 20 days
    Chapter 2: 14 days
    Chapter 3: 7 days

yeh but i was wondering if that was still accurate since they said it was adjusted with v1.3
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Still accurate.