Skip to content

Jaheira strength issue

Hi!
So i'm at the drow city and noticed Jaheira has an altered strength value (font is red in character screen) of 13.
I have unequipped every item and used restoration with no success. There is no indication whatsoever of why it would be lowered. When i equip 18/00 gauntlets, it rises to 16 instead. Any ideas ?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Got hit by a str draining attack? Usually it lasts shortly. And is cured via rest.

Was she hit by the curse of the Baron in Docks District and you did not find the ways to remove it? It also damages most other stats, too, as well as it says 'cursed' on portrait. It gets worse as time goes on, too.

Any item equipped that gives str penalty? Don't remember from memory but I think there were a few.

Played cards with Cambion in Watchers Keep, that also has some permanent curses till removed.

Dispel magic and remove curse on her. Restoration only works on lost levels.
    Kill her (gently, do not chunk!) and raise her.

If all else fails, enable cheat console and ctrl+r her.
  • HermyzzleHermyzzle Member Posts: 2
    So i killed her (twice, after Minsc actually chunked her), revived her and eh voila, back to normal!
    18/00 gauntlets now working properly. Thank you!
  • biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    Hermyzzle said:

So i killed her (twice, after Minsc actually chunked her), revived her and eh voila, back to normal!
    18/00 gauntlets now working properly. Thank you!

That's Minsc for ya...
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Problem solved, but not in an elegant way imho.
    Would have be better to understand why she had been stat drained and use the proper cure.