Skip to content

dark moon monk

I thinking about, how Gorion teach and help to grown up a shar follower. And when and how, and why did you follow the patch of darkness. In the game biography say, you learn martial ats from a couple of bahamut follower monks. As far as i know, bahamut's monk order is lawful good, and it have great sense that you gain wise teaching from them.
Maybe it need to change the biography, but i dont see any chance to be a dark moon monk inside candlekeep, under the eyes of Gorion.
What do you think, in rp perspective, how do Gorion's ward became a dark moon monk ?

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Same as Anakin Skywalker & Kylo Ren were raised and trained by Jedi knights, but still succumbed to the Dark Side...

(I do not even bother with spoiler warning anymore)
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    So u learned the martial arts from lawful food monks, and secretly worshipping shar and want to spread evil when time is come ? Interesting, i thinking about how smbody became evil, surrounded by good impacts, emotions, not starving, survive alone. Or not giving enough attention, or too much attention and givin everything he wants like a little prince? And if you wise enough, why lust for power ?
    Sry for this questions, im just like to thinking about these thibgs.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Danacm said:

So u learned the martial arts from lawful food monks, and secretly worshipping shar and want to spread evil when time is come ? Interesting, i thinking about how smbody became evil, surrounded by good impacts, emotions, not starving, survive alone. Or not giving enough attention, or too much attention and givin everything he wants like a little prince? And if you wise enough, why lust for power ?
    Sry for this questions, im just like to thinking about these thibgs.

I've never played evil, but If I did I would try to explain it like that:

1- Candlekeep is not even close to being all roses. A selfish or chaotic person might be quite unhappy there.
    2-I would refine the "books did it" reason. Most people follow a philosophical ideal blindly in real life, we see both Ocidental and Oriental religions doing bad things to innocents. Maybe you felt that certain dogms (such as Shar's) were the real truth.
    3-Now this is my favorite one: maybe you have always been given signs and visions by some evil god who helped shape your personality.
    or 4- Now this also happens in real life : Having a good family in a decent financial situation doesn't always make you good. There are other factors involved - maybe you've always been a jealous , opportunistic, insecure , sadistic son of a bitch who had taken advantage of Gorion's hospitality all the time. Maybe not, maybe you love everyone from Candlekeep but can only show it in a twisted way.

Now what I wouldn't do , for sure, is to blame his evilness on his Bhaal heritage. After all, he's still the nice one in comparisson to most of the Children.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Yes these examples are all good. Thank you for your answers. Djkajuru i like the 4. example from you, thats what make sense in this situation.